Saturday, September 1, 2007

Quick Note

I'm still waiting for my oncologist to call.  I can't take the pain any longer.  He either gets me stronger meds and moves my September 14th appointment up with the new oncologist or I am off to the ER.

I hope everyone has something relaxing or exciting planned for the long weekend.  Here in Anderson, it's the Balloon Fest.  Hot air balloons!  It's very cool, BUT my Cassie dog doesn't seem to think so.

I am going to crawl back into bed now though, not before I acknowledge a few of you.!!

Happy Birthday Red!!  Have a fabulous time in Chicoteague!

Jules ~ thank you for coming over with the kids.  I love them to pieces...ohhh and you too.

Barbie ~ your message about my Southern "accent" was hilarious.

Leeannsooooooooooo thrilled to see a comment from the Guam Girlie!!  Where is that anyway???  Ha ha.

All you new readers and all those who were "sent" here by a friend.  Thank you so much for your support and prayers.  It is uplifting and heart warming.  I hope you keep reading!

Browning bunch travel safely! Give my love to MN and family!

Good night my friends.  I love y'all.

*** Please say prayers for Tammy and her family. 

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is starting chemo and radiation again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, and have we gotten through Dream Girls yet?????

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you a lot the last few days wishing that there was something that I could do to make it all better.  I hope your dr says and does something to help all of the pain and discomfort you are in.  I miss you dearly and wish I was there to help......well, at least make you laugh!

Love you!!!!!  
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment you left in my journal. I can only respond with it is you who is strong & brave. If we had a choice I know we could do without the pain, the worry & the waiting. I admire your outlook & spirit. Keeping you in my prayers. - K

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you are suffering such a lot of pain.  It sounds as though you should go to ER if its so bad!  Never mind your oncologist and their slow response.  This is happening to you now!  You shouldn't be made to feel as though you must put up with it until the last moment; Waiting for them to call.
I pray that the pain will go, one way or the other, soon!!  I wish there was more that I could do for you.

God Bless you!

Jeanie  xx

Anonymous said...

Praying for a solution to the pain....that the Dr. calls fast...
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hope the doctor sorts your pain very soon, Irene.

Anonymous said...

What pain meds do you take? Ask about Morphine, I have taken it...helps for some pain.
Hope you get some relief soon.
My prayers are with yuo.
God bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I hope doctor calls soon. But if pain gets any worse, you go to the ER immediately. I don't know what kind of pain meds your on, but when I was on them I was taking 10mg percosets every 4 to  hours and for that period I was pain free.  I have been to chicoteaque quite a few times. I lived on the eastern shore virginia for 3 years, before I moved back here to philly. The wild pony run they do in chicoteaque is awesome. I have a picture of me and my niece standing on the beach there on chicoteaque island. (((((((((hugs))))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your visit and link back to your journal! I so enjoy meeting new people and I always look forward to getting to know them better! I really enjoyed your reads and I shall return, as I have put you on my alerts! Thanks for sharing a part of you ~ Hope you find some relief and comfort soon. Take care of you and yours always,
Katie
http://journals.aol.com/ktkamanski/HappyBeingMe/

Anonymous said...

Hello Irene.....I think about you alot....my thoughts and prayers are with you.....love pammy

Anonymous said...

i do hope you get the stronger meds:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I love hot air balloons!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Precious friend ~
I'm so sorry that you are having such a tough time.  If I could I'd take the pain away from you and you wouldn't ever suffer again.  Found out yesterday that my shoulder is also broken from the same fall when I broke my arm.  That explains a lot about what has been going on in my PT.  My therapist called for them to do another x-ray of my shoulder and arm.  Says he wishes they would have been more thorough originally.  The PT I've been doing could have caused more of a problem that what it might have solved.  Oh well, at least it's being cared for properly.  
Going to the south of the state for my little cousin's wedding this week-end, will have you in my thoughts and of course in my heart.
I love you dear friend.  My heart is with you.
Hugs & happiness ~ Sunnie