Saturday, September 29, 2007

Pig Tails, Soccer Cleats and Coffee

It's not even noon, and it's been a busy day here at the Browning house.  I have to say, being a parent must be one of the biggest and most rewarding "challenges" in life.  Sometimes, I seriously have no idea how "you people" do it!!!

I was awake around 6:30 am.  However, after a late night with Barb and ummmm NOOOOOOO there was no drinking binge!!  I didn't want to get out of bed.  I did around 8:00 am when I heard Ellie screaming for her mother.  Apparently, Georgia (the dog) pushed Ellie out of her bed.  Sending Ellie onto the floor and bumping her head.  Bad, bad doggie.  Nothing an Aunt Rene couldn't fix though.  A little holding and kissing the forehead.  Phew!  That was easy!

Now, breakfast. For the most part...Dave did that, for the younger two (Sarah is already with my sister playing soccer.). We all sat together...small talk and giggling.  Though not much eating...mostly singing and some dancing too!  Irreplaceable.  The kids hurried upstairs to change into soccer gear.  They are also playing soccer today.  Ellie requested "piggie tails" as she came down in pink shin guards.  Hardly a "match" for her green uniform!!  :)  I might be bias...but I am positive "they" don't get any more adorable than Ellie.  However, pig tails are a bit of a task because "Owwww that hurts my head Aunt Rene".  Far worse than the bump on the head, trust me!  Getting Daniel to just  acknowledge he had changed into his uniform (he sort of gets lost upstairs!!!).... ummmmmm I still don't know if he's dressed!!!!!!!

The door bell has "sounded" twice.  The dog's been barking.  I put dishes away, and washed a few too. I toasted a bagel.  Caught a glimpse of the soccer game on tv. David brought me a cup of coffee.  I did the pig tails over again, took my meds and now here I sit.

Not even noon. Funny...I need a nap!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

whew you sure had a busy morning. i'm exhausted just reading about it. now take a nap, we need it, lol. ((((((hugs)))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

LOL! That sounds like my house, especially now with the grandbaby. Hope your enjoying yourself. Have a great day!
Trish

Anonymous said...

piggie tails :) enjoy your weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

Ha!  I had my two ten years apart, and they still wear me out!  Sounds like some real good medicine there.  ;o)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))I thinkyou could use a well deserve Me time.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear u r enjoying urself!  love pammy

Anonymous said...

Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.

Anonymous said...

{{{ prayers and hugs }}}}} And, I hope the rest of your day and weekend are good and happy like this am.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

How nice you are taking time out to do the fun little things!  Good for you!  Keep fighting and I am still praying!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink