Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Walking With You, Too...

Last night before I went to sleep, I checked emails.  I found this one in my box.  It's from my cousin, Rachel.  It made me cry. Not a bad cry however, a really good cry.
(Don't ask why we call each other FC!!)
I love and appreciate you FC, more than you will EVER know!
 
Read on...
 
Hey FC,
 
I just want to let you know that you took a walk with me today. I was on my way home from class at about 6:45pm and I was walking down the mall at a pretty fast pace--I was COLD (as I always am) and I was in a rush to get home and eat and get to some work before some friends come over tonight. Then, out of nowhere, I thought of you. I slowed my pace drastically, and let myself feel the chilly soft wind flow around me. I uncrossed my arms and breathed in. So THIS is what it's like to just feeeeel the world. I knew you were walking with me because you're the one that taught me how to walk and feel the world, and it felt good. I wasn't even as cold anymore. So I walked slowly down the mall and looked lovingly at my favorite animals in the world--Penn State squirrels--and watched people as they walked by, some with ipods on and some just talking to others with them.
 
I was so grateful to have you with me at the time because you helped me appreciate life--it wasn't the first time you did it, and it won't be the last. But I just wanted to let you know that I appreciated the company, and I hope you walk with me more often.
 
I love you FC!!!!
 
Rachel
 
 
 
At some point, I hope I can walk with each of you...and FC I'll walk with you again any ole time!!!!
 
Much Love xoxoxoxox
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that beautiful moment between cousins.  Very special...like you.

I am thinking up all kinds of things for FC!  LOL

Prayers right at ya warrior girl... keep on fighting on!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

 I know how FC feels, as your BFF. You drive in the car with me all the time, and shop and eat.I'm looking forward to hanging out in the flesh instead of in my head or on the phone. Love You Love you Love you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful email from your cousin. you are such an inspiration to us all. god bless you. (((((((hugs)))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Irene, this is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Chuck Norris can cure cancer with his tears. Too bad he's never cried.

Anonymous said...

A thought and a tear sometimes is all one needs to feel comforted! Hope your day was worth a smile. Take care of you,
Katie

Anonymous said...

That message should tell u, Irene.....you r so loved and needed....see u went walking with your boots on.......love u pammy

Anonymous said...

That is too sweet. You have such a great family.
Take care, Chrissie