Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Short Update

I love all the comments! THANK YOU! Keep them coming please!

I woke up Wednesday morning with much of the same pain as the last entry. No fun. That wonderful man in my life stayed on the phone with me while I cried and bellowed. He really surprised me...it used to be he couldn't even bear to hear me cry.  Mom made tea and toast and rubbed my legs and back.  I took Oxycontin and prayed it wouldn't be long before it kicked in. I shut off my cell for awhile so I could sleep deeply and uninterrupted...and much sooner than later, I did.

I haven't been answering the phone and I'm way behind on emails.

My ultrasound and mammogram are rescheduled AGAIN for September 11th.  My appointment for the liver tumor is September 14th.  I see my cardiologist September 20th and September 22nd,  I'm flying back to DC.  :)

Please click on this link and pass it on! http://www.parade.com/features/your-america/flashes-of-hope.html

 

I'm going back to sleep.  I love y'all.

 

            HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

to my sister and brother in law!!!!!! 

 

PRAYERS and BIG ANGEL HUGS for Chris Carey. This is a  special day honoring the life and death of her daughter,  Elizabeth.

 

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is starting chemo and radiation again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), Lenore ~ she's having a reoccurrence in her lungsTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't always know what to say to help you, but I always read your updates and you are much on my mind and in my prayers.  Love Christine

Anonymous said...

Continued prayers from Florida...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I have you always in my prayers. And I hope the pain goes away so you can sleep better. (((((((Hugs)))))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Just know I'm praying for you. May God bless.
Love & hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO STEPHEN & MOM!  I am glad to hear that you have all the support you need to help get through the rough spells.  Remember, I love you......we all love you........we are all praying that this too shall pass.  As soon as they zap your liver you will be focused on coming and visiting and making many more memories to add to your journey of life, love, & laughter!!!!!  Can't wait to see you again!  Praying for a better day.......well I mean better dayz.

Love & hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Praying for an outstanding day, pain free perhaps?

I Love You So Much.
Your One and Only,
RED~

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a good day today

Anonymous said...

{{{ Irene }}} Sleep... I am so happy the oxy is working... No one should have to suffer, I am so sorry that you are at all, and I am sending prayers...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))Always in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rene,

I am soooooooooooooo sorry that you have to go through this terrible pain. I am soooooooooo glad you have your wonderful parents to take care of you everyday and a wonderful sister who is sooooooooooooooooo loving and supportive. No matter what the pain, you are soooooooooooo lucky to have them. I know you know that already, but i had to write it. I am praying for you to be able to get around without so much pain everyday. Wish I had money to send you a hot air balloon ride!

Love,

Melinda

Anonymous said...

Hoping you got the rest that you need, and that tomorrow is much better for you.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hope u have had a better day.  U r surrounded with love & support....u r in my thoughts & prayers.   I got good news today.  NO MORE SURGERY ON MY FACE.. IT WILL STAY AS IT IS...U KNOW I HAVE A HEART SHAPE ON THE TIP OF MY NOSE. I NEVER NOTICED IT BEFORE.....BUT IT IS IN MY PICTURES...BEFORE THE SKIN CANCER SURGERIES.....AND MY DR DID HIS BEST TO MAKE IT THE SAME SHAPE...BUT MY NOSE TIP IS A LITTLE THICKER....I HAD A VERY THIN SKINNED NOSE TIP...BUT NOT ANYMORE....SO THANK U FOR ALL THE PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS....NOW ITS TIME TO MAKE AN APPT WITH MY DERM FOR A COMPLETE BODY CK....GEE THAT SHOULD BE FUN.....LOVE U PAMMY

Anonymous said...

Pain sucks. Dog kisses make things better. So do little people kisses. Prayers help. Knowing that people are praying helps too. NewSpring is praying - you are on the prayer list every week. I'm learning massage - want me to practice on your back and neck? Brownie Girl Scouts ROCK! They miss you. I miss you. I miss talking to you most every day. Thinking of you. Praying for you. Missing you. Loving you - Julie

Anonymous said...

I'm responding to your alert from Friday a.m. (late Thursday your side of the pond). Have a good Friday, it'll all look better when the sun comes up.

Anonymous said...

Can I make a suggestion for emails?  When I have really important information to send out, and have a really lot of people I need to write, and feel overwhelmed, I write one email and send it to a group of people, all at the same time, LOL.  You can email everybody at the same time.  There are a couple of ways to do this, some in which you can keep the members of your emails anonymous from each other.  Now, mass emails may seem tacky, but they are not.  You may view them as a "chain" email, but they are not.  They are just a way of delivering news, telling of the main points.  I have done this when I had to tell news about myself and my husband.  Especially for those who don't read my journal.  And remember, you DON'T have to answer EVERY email.  You sometimes CAN'T.  If you do you will get overwhelmed.  Sometimes I feel very guilty that I can't answer every email and read and comment on every journal.  It makes me feel very guilty.  But if you have cancer, or are a caregiver to somebody who has it, it is IMPOSSIBLE.  Please keep this in mind, and relax.  If somebody doesn't understand this, so be it.  Take care, Honey,

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))So glad you finally got some rest,dont worry about checkig emails.You just get some rest.have a nice weekend.