Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Good News...for now

I had a difficult time coming up with the title for this entry.  I thought...Good News, Bad News...The News...Here's What You've Been Waiting For.  But none of those titles seemed to express what I'm thinking or feeling.  So I thought a little longer and realized that today's news is happy and it's what we don't know that could be not as good news.  So keeping that in mind I've decided to remain optimistic and not think too much about the "what if's" as my sister would say.

The lump in Rene's breast is an infected lymph node.  No cancer, praise God!

Can I leave it at that and just let us be thankful for a while?!

I can tell you are wondering what else I might have to say.  Well, Rene would want me to tell you that she had some serious concerns about her sono tech when she seemed unable to locate her (meaning Rene's) breast.  Rene had to let her know that, that was her armpit, and the lump was in her breast.  It went something like this, "No! No!  I didn't feel any lumps there."  The tech replied, "No! No!  I did."  So, what that means is a biopsy has been ordered.  The doc says the lumps in her armpit are "suspicious."

(Recap: Lump in breast not suspicious. Lumps in arm pit are.)

Please remember not to dwell on the what if's.  If you'll stroll down memory lane with me, you'll recall that the "bone cancer," was Gout, the tummy lumps were infected lymph nodes and a hernia, and now the "breast cancer" is also just an infected lymph node.  I'd say my dear sister is full of miracles.  Don't let these lumps be a possibility for bad news, let them be hope for another miracle. 

Just so you know, everyone down south is in good spirits.  I'd say they've learned to roll with the punches with incredible grace.  Talk about taking lemons and making lemonade.  Leave it up to them to make it the sweetest.

Prayers for comfort and a good nights sleep.  Prayers for more miracles.  Prayers that we will all learn to make lemonade out of our lemons. 

Thank you all for being a blessing to my sister, your prayers lift her up and motivate her (and me) to focus on the glory of life.

Love,
Pamela

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers up, & grateful for any & all good news. :)
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I knew it would be good news!!!!  I am glad..............rest comfortably and tomorrow will continue to bring miracles!

Love you!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

that is good news. prayers going up always. (((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Prayers coming for Irene, as always.  I hope they slam her with some really good antibiotics, because, girlfriend, she has to many infectious lumps poppin' on up and scarin' us!  LOL    Okay, but seriously, lots of prayers are coming, and I wish good sleep and miracles on you all too!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

YES...I've been waitin and wonderin! Thank you sooo much for updating!!! She is such a fighter! These infections are just, yet, another, stumbling block for her to jump over and keep on goin!!! I pray the good Lord heals every fiber in her body soon! And...may He give you strength to keep goin and wisdom to know what to say when she calls!

Anonymous said...

The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Chuck Norris 3. Cancer

Anonymous said...

So often I don't feel I have the right words, but as always my thought and prayers are with Irene.  Christine

Anonymous said...

Well, there are lymph nodes in the arm pits as well. Let's see, no cancer in the tummy nodes, no cancer in the breast node - let's go 3 for 3 and pray that the infection spread to the pits and is curable with some heavy duty antibiotics! Thanks for reminding us of the history of miracles with Irene. It sure does help to be able to put things in perspective. What a wonderful sister Irene has! Thanks Pamela!

Anonymous said...

my prayers are with you, happy that it's good news for now.

Anonymous said...

Good news it is - Let's remain positive and in good spirits for you and yours always.  My thoughts and prayers will continue for healing. Take care,
Katie

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS GOOOOOOOOD  NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE GOD IN ALL HIS GLORY!!!! AMEN AND AMEN.
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))Thats great news.

Anonymous said...

Well, if it's just an infected lymph node, that's good news. I'm pleased :-)

Anonymous said...

hello my sweet and wonderful irene:)  you are truely an inspiration as everyone of us can see:)  i am going to send that big black man over from the green mile to suck all that yuck and hurt out of you okay:):) love you my friend:)

Anonymous said...

Thank u, Pamela......I hope to meet u one day.   Lets all pray hard and concentrate on GETTING RID OF THOSE LUMPS!!!!!!!! My friend Irene has alot of lemonade to make!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll have mine with a shot of Johnny Walker in it with refills to come!!!!!  Princess Irene.....get so much needed rest and keep those boots laced up tightly.......Love u Pammy

Anonymous said...

Leave some of that lemon juice for the brandy slushes!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so like, the breast thing sounds really good to me.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink