Sunday, September 23, 2007

Priceless

Don't anyone worry!!!  I arrived to DC safe and sound.  The flight was actually uneventful other then the air conditioning.  It was way too cold.

As always, it's great to see my family.  The kids are growing so quickly.....shhhhhh...it makes me feel old.  Yup, I said it!  I am positive my oldest niece went from 2 to 10 without even blinking!

I haven't had any doubling over pain in five days.  I probably shouldn't say it out loud.  I'll jinx myself!  I was uncomfortable trying to get to sleep last night.  I'm not certain why.  After two hours of struggling and sitting up and laying back down...I was out cold.

When morning came, it was difficult not to be excited.  "The man" came to pick me up so we could spend some time together.  Well, he was actually taking me to have a blood draw BUT afterwards we came back to the house and just "hung out".  We took a nice walk by the Potomac and watched planes fly in and out.  We sat on a bench for awhile giggling and acting like kids in love.  We also ate LOTS of homemade brownies!!  Thanks Pamela!

Dinner was at Chile's with Tita and Uncle Al.  Too much food as always.  Ohhh but the company was GREAT!

I heard the Redskins lost today and theEagles won. Let me try to contain my excitement!!!  (happy dance, happy dance...)  Ha ha.

I'll be in Mo County tomorrow morning.  I think Barb is coming to DC for dinner and dessert.

I'm going to tuck in now...while the "going" is still good!

I sure do love y'all!

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is starting chemo and radiation again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), Lenore ~ she's having a recurrence in her lungsTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission), Krissy's husband, John and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Brenda.

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are well and enjoying your visit with family...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your having a wonderful time. How nice that you are getting to spend time with your family.  The kids do grow up fast don't they? Glad your feeling good and having fun! Take care,
Trish

Anonymous said...

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting.... CHUCK NORRIS GOES KILLING

Say hi to your man for me!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are here.
I can NOT wait to see you and spend time with you.
Glad you had an uneventful flight and visit thus far.
We love that Stephen of yours!!

I LOVE YOU endlessly
RED

Anonymous said...

Woo! Hoo! Being around your family and Stephen always seem to make everything better. I am so happy for you! Congratulations on the Eagles game! It's about time!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time!  Think I'd rather have it too cold than too hot on a plane!  Hope they were able to give you some blankets.  My office is freezing all the time, which makes me wonder if winter temps are going to be roasting, ugh.  Anyway, hope you enjoy the rest of your visit.  Looks like DC is behaving weather wise!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!  a trip to DC!  I am jealous.  I was born in DC, and grew up in DC and Northern VA.  I hope to go on a trip there again when things settle down enough with John.  And getting the house settled.

Redskins is my favorite team!

Glad you got to spend time with "the man", even if it was just to go out for blood draws, LOL.  And to hang out.  

Glad you are not in pain.  And thanks for asking for prayers for my husband!

Hang in there, girl.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink



Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time, Irene, without too much discomfort. Great!

Anonymous said...

Rene...give me a call so we can play!!

love me

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safe and sound and are having a great time with family....

"Watching planes flying in and out , sitting on a bench giggling and acting like kids in love"  *How romantic*  ;)

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

 I did come to DC for dinner and desert!!! Fun Fun!!! And Rene must've passed out cause she didn't journal last night!!!