Saturday, September 8, 2007

Good Night, Irene

I've read that some penitentiaries paint the cell walls baby blue as it is suppose to have a calming effect.  I hope this color brings some calm into your life.  Rene sure could've used some baby blue tonight.  It's a good thing that the best nurse (that would be mom) and lots of drugs seem to do the trick.  At 11:42PM I heard that special ring tone (be it ever so humble there's no place like home- you'll have to google the music if the lyrics are unfamiliar to you), letting me know it was my parents number.  I figured immediately it was Rene (my parents never call that late).  She was in terrible pain.  It seems the pain is getting worse and more frequent.  I listened, we cried, I breathed deeply, and she tried to.  It's amazing how slowly time goes when you want it to pass quickly.  When it was all over we were laughing again and sharing the highlights of our evening.  I told Rene that we were making up new lyrics for the "What are little girls/boys made of..." song.  It never seems fair that the girls get all the sweet things and the boys get the puppy dog tails.  We came up with good ones for all the kids, but the funniest was the one for the cat.  Daniel said, "What is Faith Browning made of?  Fat and fur and gets on my nerves, that's what Faith Browning is made of."  If you knew our cat, you would know that she only likes Sarah (my oldest) and is not very kind to the rest of us despite our efforts to charm her.  It was very funny, we were all belly laughing.  Rene shared with me that she and my parents also laughed hard recalling an episode when Rene and I got caught for skipping school (all young impressionable readers should not read any further).  It seems that we both were forging my father's signature on the same day at the same time.  Needless to say, our signatures were not identical, oops, BUSTED!  I'm glad we can laugh about it now, at the time, no one saw it as humorous.  Anyway, mom took the phone from Rene, propped her up with her husband (just one of those pillows with a back and arms), gave her some tea and more drugs and that was it.  She slurred a very peaceful and sleepy "I love you" and she was out.  Mom and I laughed and were thankful it worked.

Say prayers for a good nights sleep and a less painful tomorrow.  Say prayers for all those you love and  then those you don't.  Say prayers for grace and forgiveness, we all need that.  Say prayers that todays mistakes will be tomorrows strengths.  I'll say prayers for all of you.  Sleep tight!

With much love,
Pamela

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so so sorry that she was in so much pain tonight. I wish that I had a magic wand or such that I could take this cancer from her...God bless her heart...

              MY PRAYER :

Heavenly Father, I praise Thy Holy Name. Lord I thank You for all Your many blessings that You have given me. Father I ask for comfort and peace for Irene...I ask for complete healing of her body, I ask that You remove this pain from her so that she may sleep, I ask that You give her a GOOD Day, I ask that You bless her with a mighty healing  miracle...Please Jesus , keep her within Your Holy Light of protection...In Jesus Holy name I ask these things from You Lord...amen and amen.

Anonymous said...

If someone could please explain why Rene should go through this terrible ideal I might be more at peace with it.....

Anonymous said...

I heard about the color therapy too.  I think it must be true.  I used to have a boss that loved the color PINK.  She painted everything in her office pink - right down to the desk, chair and radiators...LOL.  She was always hyper, but fun, lol.  My heart goes out to you and your family, to Rene during this time.  My prayers are that God will send His angels of mercy and will hold Rene and the pain will subside and go!  God Bless!

Anonymous said...

It just breaks my heart that Rene has to go through so much pain. She is always in my thoughts and prayers. ((((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Has anyone mentioned a morphine pump? I cannot stand the thought of anyone in pain so I can imagine how hard this must be for you her family..I pray for her to find some relief from this pain SOON....
What a blessing that she has such a wonderful supportive family with such an incedible spirit and sense of humour....
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Sorry Rene is in so much pain.  Still praying.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Irene's pain isn't getting any better just yet. Hoping for some speedy improvements.

Anonymous said...

I am saying lots of prayers for your sister, Pamela.  I am so very sorry and sad that she is still suffering so with the pain.  Can they arrange for morphine for her or something else????  I am praying for comfort for Irene and wisdom for the docs...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Pam, you are an incredible sister.  I love reading your blogs for Rene and can hear the love you have for her in your postings.  I am sure this is extremely difficult for you as well.  Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you as well as Rene.  Take care, Amy

Anonymous said...

Pam Thank you for writing about this from your view:) keeping all in prayer :) Irene may God hold you tight in his hand:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Pamela, I am so thankful that Irene has such a loving family to support her and comfort her. My thoughts and prayers are with each of you.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Pam and for also being the best sister anyone could ask for!  I hate when I check the journal and the entry either from you or Irene confirms my gut feeling for the day, that it's not a good one for her.  Please know that you all are in my prayers and I hope my dear friend finds some relief and comfort soon!

Love, hugs, and prayers!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories.  Laughter is so good for you, so I'm sure it did her a lot of good to talk to you and laugh!  Take care!
Lori