Friday, September 14, 2007

"Your Liver, With A Glass Of Chianti"

  

Comment from: renessister
"Is it my computer, aol, or did you really post nothing?  I already have all the days news but I'm sure t here are others who are curious about the nothing on your liver.

I love you sister!  Sweet dreams!!"
 
 

 

Thank you BUNCHES to my sister, for the above comment.  I wasn't quite sure how I was going to explain what happened today.  Apparently, Pamela didn't have that same issue!!  Ha ha ha ha    sister of mine!!!!  :)

Let me start off by saying I had a painfully rough morning.  Trying to get up and get dressed didn't come so easily.  My appointment with Dr. Lund was at 8:45 am. Mom drove me, because pain killers and driving don't mix!!

He went over my enormous file with me.  It included my entire cancer history, minus blood work from my last appointment with Dr. Jennings.

After the questions and answers and a physical examination, which I assure you was as comfortable as sticking a knife in my eye.  Dr. Lund said he  wanted to talk to me.

To make a long story short he told me the spot on my liver was nothing, the pain I was feeling was muscular and I just needed to take some Tylenol.  (Of course I didn't hold my tongue, y'all know me better than that!)

(What did he mean nothing???  As in, not malignant?????)

Needless to say, I left that office confused, angry and with tears streaming down my face.    

I demanded an appointment with my oncologist after that fiasco. I saw Dr. Hunter at 3:45 pm. I needed clarification, a solution and to make certain he knew I wasn't going back to see Dr. Lund.

Here's the deal.  My tumor is surrounded by clumps of blood vessels.  In most cases, that means the tumor is benign. In my case however, my oncologist determined the tumor is malignant based on what he saw in the scan. However, since it is not his speciality and he did not want to take chances (considering I have cancer everywhere!!)  he referred me to Dr. Lund (it is his specialty) for a biopsy.

Dr. Lund, based on the "blood vessel clumps" , decided or should I say assumed no further investigation needed to be done. Hence "the tumor is nothing, take some Tylenol for the muscular pain".  Let me chime in, I have no medical insurance...and hate to say this but perhaps that is why he decided to write me off before he made an accurate diagnosis.

Muscular pain????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You've got to be kidding me?!!  Sometimes I can't even get out of bed in the morning it hurts so badlyl!!

Friday the 21st at 7:30 am I will have my biopsy at the hospital under their team of oncologist's (Not Dr. Lund!!!!). Dr Hunter also scheduled an abdominal and pelvic CT. 

My doctor was extremely apologetic and was equally upset that I was not given "the kind of care a patient deserves".

I am tired.  Girl Scouts tomorrow!  YEA!!!!

I love y'all.

 

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is starting chemo and radiation again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), Lenore ~ she's having a recurrence in her lungsTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Brenda.

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it my computer, aol, or did you really post nothing?  I already have all the days news but I'm sure t here are others who are curious about the nothing on your liver.

I love you sister!  Sweet dreams!!

Anonymous said...

Is this a good thing? My hopes and prayers are liening that way. In hopes that this is wonderful news that will allow for an enjoyable weekend! Take care of you and yours always,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Try repeating this several times a day:
My body is healthy and functions normally.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I hope the nothing on your liver turns out to be just that, Nothing. Sending up prayers for you, your family also. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you were treated so poorly, Irene. There is never an excuse for being offhand with a patient.

Anonymous said...

Being as that I know you oh so well....I know you are/ were  STEAMED!!!! Oh my, my ...The 21st? Oh me my selfish selfish self....trip is postponed I'm guessing.Rats. But seriously, I hope whatever it is they find, that they can take care of it, that you'll be at the very least somwhat comfortable if not pain free. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't care what it is i.e. "nothing" or "something"! I stick with what was said in the beginning "ZAP THAT LITTLE BOOGER OFF OF THERE"  and make Irene more comfortable. After hearing you so upset yesterday on the phone I just wanted to scream JUST DO SOMETHING at ALL the docs! Dang - it's a good thing your mother takes you to your doctor's appointments. If it were me we wouldn't have gotten out of there without some significant damage! Can't wait for you to meet the new girl scouts! They are a great bunch this year! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Bravo to you Irene for speaking up. Doctors like him should have never gone into the profession. Insurance or no insurance everyone deserves compassion. I am praying for "nothing".
Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Irene...

I am so sorry that you had to suffer that fool.  {{{ hugs and prayers... }}}

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

We've been having our own battles with the pay as you go, no insurance, based on your income kind of health care.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.  

But I am happy you are blessed with at least one doctor who really listens and seems to be trying to truly look out for you.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

U know what u can do to that doctor, if ur tests tell u something else.......My prayers are with u.....keep me posted....love u....pammy

Anonymous said...

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Anonymous said...

Un-freakin-believable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And...we're SUPPOSED to be ABLE to TRUST our dr's!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just makes me sick!!! I've had the same runaround all my life! It's crazy...it's almost like those "types" of dr's gravitate toward me! LOL! Sweetie...try to hang in there...it's only gotta get better! I pray the good Lord surrounds you with peace, love, HUGE hugs, sweet dreams, and alot of laughter! ~Kel