Sunday, September 2, 2007

Tolerable

 How cool is that?  Hot air balloons are awesome.  Riding in one is on my list of things to do.  It's listed right underneath...Go whale watching with my sister.  Have any of you ever seen the whales??  I don't mean at Sea World!!!

                                       

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice about dealing with the pain.  Thanks to everyone who emailed me with questions and suggestions also.

I was taking Percocet 10-650 mg every six hours and Lorcet 7.5-650 mg in between.  As of today (Yea!!), I am taking Oxycontin 40 mg every twelve hours.  I must say, it's taken the edge off.  I am still in some pain BUT it is tolerable.  I'm unable to lay on my right side to sleep.  However, I feel like I am sitting, walking and breathing much easier. Thank God!! That's after taking only one pill!  The side effects are entertaining.  I am sort of starring into nowhere, feeling incredibly silly and my eyes are heavy...begging me to go to sleep!  That, I will do very shortly.

Other ramblings...

Dad made this incredible chocolate pie.  It's like a big ole chunky, chocolaty brownie with crust.  Oh who am I kidding?!  That description hardly does it justice!!

I did not watch Crazy, Sexy Cancer on TLC.   http://video.aol.com/video-detail/a-womans-crazy-sexy-cancer-tips/3153295967  I'm sorry I missed it, because I saw a clip of it on the Today's Show.  I have to get the book and meet that woman (Kris Carr).

I'm addicted to Trident Sugar Free Gum Raspberry Lime and the little Crystal Light packets that you put into your water.

I'm ready for Fall and the leaves to change.

I'm also ready for bed!!!!

I love y'all tons.

 

*** Please say prayers for Tammy and her family. 

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is starting chemo and radiation again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

great you got new pain pills:) enjoy your Monday

Deb

Anonymous said...

You have such a way with your words that make me feel like I am sitting right next to you! I have seen whales, in Mexico - what a creation. I am in hopes your tomorrow brings with it some comfort and  reasons for you to smile! Take care of you and yours always!
Katie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are getting some respite now.  That's good.
I have had seeing whales at the top of my list too.  It must be so awesome to see such enormous creatures plying the seas.  One day I hope we both fulfill our dreams.

Hugs

Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

  I'm glad you checked out Crazy Sexy...I listened to her and how could I not think of you, my best friend? I'm glad that SOMTHING finnaly works for you on that pain hope you get some much deserved rest and always remember and never forget....I'm cool    LOL Kisses.    Barbi

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you got the good stuff for pain. i hope your able to sleep now. ((((((((hugs))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

That stuff is good for pain. I used to take it for my back then it started making me sick to my tummy like all pain meds do. If you are able to do so go whale watching with your sister and go on that hot air balloon ride. I have never done eith one of those. Hope your day goes well today. Praying for you. Helen

Anonymous said...

i watched that show and thought how could anyone call cancer sexy? but it was very inspirational and uplifting and encouraging....and a happy ending to boot!!!!
Glad to hear that you got some new meds...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooh! I was hoping you would see some balloons! They are gorgeous aren't they?! They have been taking off from TLHanna and the church down the street from us. We've been enjoying them every day! The kids are so fun to watch and listen to. They have their own theories as to why the balloons are going in the direction they are going in and if they are going up or down or why they are racing and who's in first! They love to watch the balloon chasers go by too (the trucks with the trailers that follow the balloons to help bring them down safely) and guess which balloons they are following. Next year you and I will have to take the kids to the festival and watch the balloons launch and land! BTW there is also an oxycodon if the oxycontin starts to give you trouble. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better!  You and Daniel should have a discussion about that loopy feeling.  Evidently, your digits can do amazing things!  Take care--MN

Anonymous said...

My husband John got to watch dolphins when he was at high school!  It was in Florida.  He said it was pretty cool!  BTW, he is on Percocet right now for complications from his stem cell transplant (he had for cancer) and it is not even touching his pain.  If the Percocet does not work by tomorrow (Tuesday) he is calling the oncology nurse.
Your pic of the hot air balloons is cool!  
I also love the fall, b/c I love the weather that is a little cooler.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

No I have never seen the whales....and I lived in Hawaii for 4 yrs.... Oh I would have loved to see the hot air balloons.....I remember when they use to fly out of frederick....I loved to watch them...I would have loved to have been there...if so when do they do them again?  I am glad that u gotten something else to help with your pain....please rest and remember I love u......when u come to Maryland I will still be in Canada....but will be back on that monday, 24th..just going for a long
weekend.....Can I bring u back something?  Take care...love u...pammy

Anonymous said...

Oh....yeah tell ur dad I love chocolate pie......pammy

Anonymous said...

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, red needs chocolate pie, stat

i'm extremely happy to hear bout the medication addition.
as we discussed, it is much better to be on a long acting and short acting to maintain a level of tolerance.
i love you.
and you know to call with any questions, frustrations, tears, a good laugh, etc, etc.
I love you more than I thought I could ever love a friend, a true loving friend.
oxoxox
RED

P.S. when you come to visit in a few weeks, um, think Dad can hook me up with some baked goodies?  He owes me something from back when we came down to visit during that 'drive by'..lol
YUMMY DAD ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got some big guns to give you relief!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/