Tuesday, September 25, 2007

495 Isn't So Bad, Afterall!!!

Have you ever driven on the Capital Beltway in Washington, DC??  Well, it is actually Virginia. Ohhhh who cares!  Everyone knows I am geographically challenged!  OK...back to the beltway.  I was driving back onto base yesterday and of course, came up to some serious traffic.  So, I decided to call for biopsy results.  RELAX!!  I had an ear piece in...I WAS hands free.  I was transferred to a nurse who told me I was in queuve for a call from my doctor after he was finished seeing patients.  HOWEVER, she was permitted to tell me the tumor in my liver was now smaller!!

Me:  Are you sure?
Nurse: Yes. That's great news isn't it?
Me: Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So that means it isn't malignant??
Nurse: Your doctor will call you back when he is finished seeing patients. Congratulations on the good news!!!!

Picture this...I am now crawling through traffic, nearly in tears and trying to dial every person I know.  Not a single person is answering!  What is the matter with you people?????  Where were y'all at 2:44 pm yesterday??????????  : ) 

I came back onto base and decided I would nap for a little while.  There's really nothing like being awakened by your oncologist telling you your tumor is benign and the lumps in your armpit are oil glands more prominent now because of your weight loss!!!

Yahhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  How exciting is that???????

It's kind of funny.  I'm not so patient.  I do horribly in traffic...but what a blessing yesterday's traffic jam brought!!!!!!!

Prayers work.
Miracles are possible.
Simply believe.

I love y'all. Thank you for sharing this journey with me.


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

wohoooo happy dancing here in pennsylvania for you. I am so happy for you. yes miracles do happen, praise the lord. (((((((hugs))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!!!!!
So happy tumor is smaller!!!!
WOO HOO! Dancing my happy dance!
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

You truly are my miracle child!  Keep believing and more good things will come!  Thank you to all that read your journal........the prayers are amazing and definately working!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!  I am so glad your here!  Can't wait to hang out:)

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

THE LORD IS GOOD! THANK YOU JESUS!
LOVE YA, CARLENE

Anonymous said...

That's excellent news, Irene, so pleased for you :-D)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!  Prayer, faith and hope are powerful things.  

::tight squeeze::

Michelle

Anonymous said...

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo beyond happy for you!!!!! That's awesome news...I was WAITING!!! LOL! Hang in there, girlfriend...there seems to be a beautiful bright light at the end of this tunnel! Hang in there, sweetie! God IS soooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!! "I know the plans I have for you, sayeth the Lord..." {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))Thats wonderful news.

Anonymous said...

I am very happy it is smaller... yay!

More prayers on the way...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

yea sending you many many more prayers.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Good news! I am very happy for you! Let's keep it that way, ok?!

Anonymous said...

great news:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news =)

:::::::Doin the happy dance with you:::::

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Anonymous said...

Great news!  I am so happy for you!  Did you ever get ahold of someone, LOL.  Gotta love the beltway...especially in the rain, snow or fog.  

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!! Yes miracles do happen!!!!!
Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Glad for the good news.  I am sure a lot of that went to Yom Kippur services bombarded G-d with a lot of special prayers.  GREAT!
aunt Tania

Anonymous said...

Um, can't remember..LOL

can't wait to see you.
WAIT!
We talked yesterday at that time!!!!!!!!!  You were going to get your NAILS DID!!!!!!

DING DONG!..or am I? Oh well who cares. ha ha.  YAY!

Next weekend woooooooooo hoooooooooo..FINALLY!

Love Hugs, Prays, Kisses, the whole 9 to you my fighter friend,
gimme your hand, let's walk ;)

~RED~

Anonymous said...

LOL..been on the capital beltway many times.  Oy, what fun but wow, what great news to get.  It just seems so funny and odd that you were right on the beltway at that particular time.  JLand needs some good news.  Praise the Lord!  Let hope the blessings keep coming your way.  Hugs  Chris