Thursday, September 20, 2007

Who Knows What Tomorrow Brings

Liver biopsy is tomorrow at 7:30 am.

I had a FABULOUS Wednesday with Julie. She made the greatest suggestion EVER.  To buy scrap books and start creating them for my nieces and nephew.  That way, when I get my wings they will each have something special from me, made specifically for them.  The moment she told me, it was all so surreal. I cried. It is a painful reality, that I just might not be "around" when they "grow up".  Sigh....

The last few days have been kind to me and the pain meds have been working.  I'm still breathing...I cannot complain.

If you're wondering...and I know a bunch of y'all are....the Chuck Norris comments are from FC.  My cousin, Rachel.  Please don't ask me to explain.  It's an inside joke from a very late night on the phone together!!

I'm off to tuck in now.  Details on the biopsy tomorrow.  I love y'all.

 

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is starting chemo and radiation again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), Lenore ~ she's having a recurrence in her lungsTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission), Krissy's husband, John and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Brenda.

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good one....

Chuck Norris drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls.

Biopsy shmiopsy....

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm. Guess that's a "skull pop". If they take enough out tomorrow we can have it with onions! (another item that, when cooked right, reminds me of a "little booger!") Argh! Must get sleep. Not used to being up so late! Love ya girlie - sending up some prayers!

Anonymous said...

Love you too, Irene and sending you prayers for good luck during and after the biopsy tomorrow.

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

praying all goes well tomorrow:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and praying for good results. Take care. I think you enjoy scrapbooking! I know you will be here to enjoy them together. I am really glad the pain meds are working. Take care,
Trish

Anonymous said...

Prayers going up!
I love you Irene!
Love & Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I think it is a wonderful idea!  It sounds like fun!  I have one I want to do for my youngest daughter.  She will be graduating high school this year and I thought it would be a cool gift to gift her as part of her graduation.  Keep us posted!  Prayers going up for you right now.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to say "I Love You"! This journal will also help with some of the questions they may have.  You have such a kind heart and gentle spirit - My thoughts and prayers are that your biopsy brings good news! Take care of you,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Still praying.  

It will be fun to scrapbook, but hang on to hope too!  There's quite a chance that you could be, in twenty years, sitting on the couch with your neice and nephew, explaining to them just what you are doing in each picture of the scrapbook!  Only God knows when it is time for you to go to the breakfast table, and it may be a long long time from now.  Keep on keepin' on, girlie!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Look on the positive side, Irene. Such a scrapbook is always fun, never mind the less than favourable circumstances you're in. Don't think of it. It's a labour of love :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea! Try not to think about what life seems around you...how ever sooo difficult that may be...every grown up needs a scrapbook made by someone that loves them! Scrapbooks are cherished throughout the rest of our lives! Hang in there, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely idea, in doing scrapbooks. I think about my cancer coming back all the time and leaving my family. It does make you cry. I shall keep you in prayers always my friend. ((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

A scrapbook is a lovely idea.  My husband Eric had a painfully short time from diagnosis to the end, little more than 3 months.  It was hard to face that sort of possibility at only 38 years old, but he packed a huge amount of living into his life.  His motor skills started to let him down so a scrapbook proved difficult, but with my help he created a memory box for each of our 3 children.  He also put together charm bracelets for the girls, each charm represented a special memory, and I helped by making little booklets to go with them to explain what each charm signified.