Wednesday, May 2, 2007

What CAN I eat??

I'm pooped!  Extremely happy to be back to work and grateful that I can work and walk and breathe....BUT I am exhausted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, I received an ideal menu and diet plan "for the gout patient" from the hospital's nutritionist.  It is suppose to eliminate the uric acid in my body.  Before I was released from the hospital, I received a big booklet for the "diabetic patient".  It has pages and pages of what I can eat and shouldn't eat.  Way before this hospital stay, I was meeting with a nutritionist named Rain that my oncologist referred me to.  Her idea of what is best for me and my body, is completely different than what the other two menus say.  For that matter, the diabetic menu and gout menu don't mesh so well either!!!  So, I've decided when I see Dr. Rhynes on Friday, I'm simply going to ask....WHAT CAN I EAT?????????????  This is getting a little confusing!!

My blood sugar has been ok.  For that I am thankful, because I don't really want to give myself insulin injections, EVER.  For now, the pill I am taking to help control the diabetes is enough for me!!!!  Speaking of pills, I now take ten different medications.  I am certain that's more medicine than my grandmother was taking when she was 90!!  And y'all wonder what's REALLY keeping me alive!!  It's the DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!  Ha! Ha!

So, how about American Idol??  You know you watch it...stop denying it.  I'm proud to say I am an Idol junkie and so is my Mother.  She thinks Melinda is going to be the next Idol.  I'm leaning towards Jordan.  Either way, the ladies ROCK!!!!!!!!

By this time tomorrow, Barb will be here.  You have no idea just how excited I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I also get to see MY girl scouts tomorrow.  We have a meeting at Julie's house at 6:30 pm.  It's going to be a FABULOUS day.  Of course, everyday I wake up is fabulous.  Ya know what I mean??!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm off to bed.  I love y'all TONS!!

 

PS ~ HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY LEEANN!!!

 

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He was deployed and is now in Iraq.

*** Please say prayers for Bob Browning and his family. He has also been deployed, and will be leaving the end of May.

*** Please keep Nathan, Ms Bobby, Ms Pammy, Lenore, Trish, and David Carey in your prayers. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please keep Heather, Baby Izzy (in her tummy) and Charles in your prayers.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

No comments: