Thursday, May 31, 2007

Senses

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you suddenly "lost" one of your senses?  Or if you had to choose one to give up??  Which would be the easiest to sacrifice? 

Would you pass on your eye sight?  Never being able to see the sunset again or the stars in the sky. Or the color of your grandchildren's cheeks on a cold winter day. How about never being able to smell your favorite flowers?? Or taste your Dad's famous cheesecake?? Or even hear the laughter of your niece's and nephew? How about not being able to feel the brush of "his" hand on your cheek? What would you do??

It's sad how we all take these "things" for granted.  Yet, while caught in a moment you realize just how important your senses are. Hearing the laughter, smelling the flowers, paying attention to the details in the trees, hugging and touching.  (And that's just for starters).

Today, I listened to the kids sing songs from the soundtrack, Wicked.  They were fabulous and what added to their performance was their facial expressions.  Priceless. I didn't want them to stop!!  To my advantage, I get to sit in the car with them for eight hours + tomorrow.  I'm certain there will be PLENTY of tunes and singing.

I'm still not packed and the Suburban is rolling out at 9:00 am, so I'm told.  I better call it a day!

I love y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all of you that I will be seeing very shortly....YYYYAAAAAAHHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

 

*** Please say prayers for My Aunt Gloria and our family, Nathan (he is doing chemo, again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (she's havingsurgery Thursday.), LenoreTrish and David Carey. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

No comments: