Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Good Morning

Good Morning!

I apologize for not getting to you last night.  We had a late evening, and I'm having some computer issues.  Most of my entries will probably be brief.  I have one computer that is so old  and slow that I have to sit in front of it for hours just to get a few lines typed.  This computer that I'm on now freezes whenever it wants and then I lose what I'm working on, have to wait a while, and then reboot.  Usually it's good for a few minutes, although that was not the case last night.  I didn't even get to say good night to my sister.

Well, it looks like we're in for a lot of ups and downs.  Remember, during the times when things are good, be thankful, don't take time for granted, you never know how long it will last, so rejoice!  On the difficult days, look to our fond memories to inspire you, to give you hope.  To give you strength.  I love a strong and faithful God who is giving me what I need just for this.  It'll be hard, but be strong, I'm holding you, I promise.

I'm afraid what we had hoped would be a quick fix is here to stay.  I think the medical term is still Cardio Myopathy, but at this point, because of Rene's detiorating health, there's little that can be done.  Join with me and pray her for her comfort.  Pray that her doctors will show wisdom and kindness in their care for her.  Just pray for Rene.  She can feel you doing it.

Enough for now.  Have a blessed day!

I love you all,
Pamela


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pam. Nothing beats praying for friends while your 7 year old "massages" your back! You and your family are in my prayers too Pam. It's not easy being so far away. I went through it with my mom several years ago. There's not much to say except hold on 'cause knowing Rene it'll be a helluva ride! She will not be one of those neat, tidy ladies that arrives at heaven's gates with a pretty dress and her hair tied neatly back. Rather she'll be the one running up to the gate, hair askew (dare I even say a little curly?!), clothes torn and dirty, a huge smile on her face, yelling Wow! What a ride!!!! She and I have talked about that and the visual is hysterical! I know you are far away and it must be killing you beneath all those wonderful words of wisdom you provide to us but if there is anything I can do for you or your family PLEASE let me know. Julie

Anonymous said...

I found it! Rene and I were talking about a quote that fit her to a T. It was funny because neither of us could remember the quote word for word but we laughed as we both got the jist of it. So here it is Rene - just for you!!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, " Wow - What a ride!"

So, sorry I butchered it in my last post but . . . you get the jist of it!