Saturday, May 26, 2007

"Aunt Rene Made It!!"

That is what Ellie exclaimed as we came in the door from our walk after dinner.  Yes, I made it...and as far as I'm concerned it was quite a walk.  However, I feel great and the heart and lungs seem to be happy too.  Other then a bit of coughing....I am FABULOUS!!

(If you click on the pictures above...you'll get close up's of me,  30 lbs  lighter!!  It's amazing what a few stays in the hospital can do for the waist line!!!!!!!!)

I couldn't fall asleep last evening or should I say in the early morning, after the Browning's arrived.  Perhaps it was the excitement, or maybe the anticipation of thinking a nurse was going to come in my room and take my blood!!  Reality, set in eventually and I remembered I was back in my own bed.  I believe I fell asleep after 5:00 am.  No complaints...the company and the pitter patter of those little feet, THRILLS me.

Friday, my last day in the hospital.  I woke up somewhat early.  I didn't put the television on and I tried carefully not to wake my room mate.  I looked out of the window at the sun shinning.  I watched a few birds sit for a moment, and then fly by.  My breakfast tray was sitting in front of me and I took some time to blow on the hot decafe coffee I was given.  Still quiet, I chuckled thinking this hasn't been my usual breakfast in the last few weeks or "breakfast demeanor".  As of lately, I had been jumping in the car, stopping at McDonald's for a fruit parfait and large coffee.  Hardly even taking a second to taste the food, as I am settling in front of my computer at work.

Friday morning, made me quite aware of the way I have been rushing through life. A lesson I have been taught many times.  That morning, in the silence that I was breathing in...I heard my own thoughts and prayers again. I didn't over look thanking God for another precious day, and I apologized for taking the blessings and moments for granted once again.

I realize for some, they just don't believe it is an option.  To slow down, take time, breathe and be grateful for that very moment.  It is an option however. It is simply a choice.

Make the time, take the time...to sip a cup of coffee, to listen to your favorite song three times over, to talk to God, to have a meaningful conversation with your child or spouse.  This is what matters.  I promise.

I have a doctor's note that I am not to drive or work for the next two weeks.  I'll be going into my office on Tuesday to talk to my office manager.  Yes, the one who hasn't been so kind.  I've already told her, that I understand she has an office to run and I would like to continue working there.  I also told her I was well aware that when one person is "missing" from a small office everyone feels the work over load.  I am hoping she is gracious when I ask if I can cut my hours back.  I am praying when I walk out of the office on Tuesday, I am still employed.  If not, the Browning's get me for more than two weeks!!  :)

Speaking of going home with Browning's, I'll be having my 35th birthday celebration at their house!! YEAH!!  Clear your calendars, it's Friday, June 8th.  If you are lucky, you'll get the email including all the details!!  Be there, or be square!!!!!!!!

I'm off to sleep now.  Big day tomorrow.  We're going on the boat and we're going to swim in the lake.

Thank you to all of my wonderful friends who have advised me "not to drown" since I haven't put my lungs underwater since the ummmm....gulp...cancer diagnosis.  Ha! Ha!

Thank you Kelli, Julie and Leeann.  That's an understatement.

Thank you Daddy for my special chocolate cake!!!

I love y'all tons!

CONGRATULATIONS to Heather (Red) and Charles for the birth of their daughter, Isabella Victoria on May 23rd at 9:31 pm.  She weighed in at 7 lbs 6 oz and is 21 inches long!!!!  It's about time Baby Izzy!!!

 

*** Please say prayers for My Aunt Gloria and our family, Nathan (he just had a bone marrow biopsy), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy, LenoreTrish, and David Carey. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 

 

No comments: