Sunday, May 6, 2007

Here's What Has Been Happening...In My Neck Of The Woods

* I've been waking up to text messages from Barb that say "Wakey...wakey..." With pictures following, of a smiley face, cup of coffee, and donut.

* Barb and I met the Coroner for Anderson County.  He was getting a huge tattoo on his back.  It was the Grim Reaper.

* Barb got a new tattoo on her wrist.  I plead the 5th.

* We had our eyebrows waxed.  I am certain half of my skin went with it.

* We shopped MANY places and spent lots of money.

* We witnessed over crowded lines at the Wal Mart registers, as if it was Christmas Eve!!

* We celebrated Cinco de Mayo...having margaritas in fish bowls you could practically swim in.  We had food too...I think.  Ha ha!

* We enjoyed Comedy Central with Mom and Dad.

* We learned some about Diabetes.

* We watched the rain fall and fall and fall.

* We changed clothes quickly and jumped on the boat with Mom and Dad when it finally stopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* We took pictures of ourselves.

* And each other.

* We did some head banging to Bohemian Rhapsody.

* We discovered sugar free candy, and bought more than the Candy Man could deliver!!!!!!

* We ate lots of delicious food and especially a divine dessert tonight!!!!

* We reminisced with stories from "back in the day".

* We laughed ALOT.

* Pondered about the future a little.

* Lived in the moment best we could!!!!!!!!! 

 

 

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He was deployed and is now in Iraq.

*** Please say prayers for Bob Browning and his family. He has also been deployed, and will be leaving the end of May.

*** Please keep Nathan (he just had a bone marrow biopsy), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Ms Pammy, Lenore, Trish, and David Carey in your prayers. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please keep Heather, Baby Izzy (in her tummy) and Charles in your prayers.

*** Please say prayers for my Aunt Gloria. 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.  I am so happy to hear the happiness in you!  Next time, have one of those fish bowl drinks for me too!
Take care!  Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Rene, I am so glad that you had a great weekend!  It is great to have you writing in your journal again...however, Pamela did a fabulous job!  As always you continue to be in our prayers.  It was great to tell our Sunday School class that we had a praise...that you were home from the hospital and getting back to your regular activities.  Take care--MN

Anonymous said...

MN ~ Pamela did do a fabulous job writing in my journal!!!  Thank you for all the prayers and for commenting here.  I love that!! Love and hugs to you and the rest fo the "gang"   xoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Amy ~ You'll have to join us fro a "fish bowl drink" when I come home in June!!  The pictures are ADORABLE  thank you for sharing them!!!  xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Rene, I would be honored to have a fish bowl drink with you in June....look out!  I am all about the girly fun drinks!  me