Saturday, May 12, 2007

Thoughts For The Afternoon

* Often, the people in your life that are most difficult to get along with or love, actually need it the most.  Have compassion.

* Worrying is a needless emotion.  If you aren't able to change the situation, have faith and leave it in God's hands.

* Children are amazingly resilient.  Pay attention to their words and actions...they just might teach you the greatest lessons of your life.

* Tragedy has a way of teaching you those lessons too.

* Family is extremely important.

* Attitude is everything!!!!!

* As hard as it can be, you just have to let go of negativity...both in people and your own emotions.

* At the end of the day, the argument usually doesn't matter and wasn't worth the energy you put into it. 

* Don't be so quick to judge those around you.  When you are a tough critic about someone else, chances are they have a quality that is the mirror image of you.

* Being honest doesn't mean you have to be hurtful.

* Having an older sister who listens, loves, and gives unconditionally makes all the difference in the world...especially after a long day.

* Having a dog to come home to does too.

* If someone wants to help you, or reach for you...let them.

* "Pride never saved anyones life".

* Don't live your life with regret.  If you feel it, say it.  If you want to "do it", if you can "do it" don't hesitate.  This is your life...live it now!

 

A huge thank you to Leeann.  No matter what is happening in my life, your voice and OUR laughter makes me joyful and so incredibly thankful for friendship.  I love you Girlie!!!

Thank you to Nathan...a little guy I've never even met, yet he continues to inspire me and remind me again, and again, and again....cancer does not define who I am.  He is the true definition of a "fighter".

 

           26 Days Until My 35th Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

 

* One of my final thoughts for the afternoon. My parents went to a Dale Earnhardt event last night.  I believe this officially makes them ummmm....REDNECKS!!

 

*** Please say prayers for My Aunt Gloria, Nathan (he just had a bone marrow biopsy), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Ms Pammy, Lenore, Trish, and David Carey. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

*** Please keep Heather, Baby Izzy (in her tummy) and Charles in your prayers.

*** Please pray that MaryNell will have the guidance from God that she needs. 

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW
You wrote this for many of us, I'd say you got into MY head (definately as of this past week) and took the thoughts I would never say and wrote them.

You're such an important person in my life and I love that we 'connect' on, now, an immense amount of levels.

I can't wait to see you and hug you.  Life is tough and rough and I need to leave to just lift it up to God and let it go.  Stop worrying.  I LIVE a frustrated life because I'm ALWAYS worrying-Always.  But how do you teach an old dog new tricks? *LOL*
I love you
I adore you
I'm inspired by you
I cherish you
I think about you daily
And I honestly don't know what to do without you in my life.

So glad I get to see you SUPER DUPER SOON! Yee Haa!
Love,
RED