Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Not So Defeated

The balance in having such a great day yesterday...is that today wasn't so great.  In fact, if I had written this five hours ago I would be telling you I feel defeated.

Apparently, there are some issues at my job about me being in the hospital and having subsequent doctor appointments while still being in my "probationary period". There are also issues (at my job) with the protocol I didn't follow correctly, while I was hospitalized. I'm not going to go into all the details.  However, I will tell you I had to sign a piece of paper and if I didn't...I wouldn't still be employed.

Ya know, I don't play victim.  I don't use my "cancer cards".  I am not defined by ANY of my diseases.  So, when someone tries to play upon "it"...or is insensitive...or just down right mean.  I feel hurt.  I feel sad. I feel defeated.

I've come such a long way on this journey.  I am a fighter.  I promise you, I am not about to let someone get the best of me.  Enough said.

 

           29 Days Until My 35th Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

 

Hey MN - a little birdie told me to acknowledge the fact that you comment in my journal when I write...BUT not when your BEST FRIEND does.  What's up with that???  xoxoxoxox

 

Good Night.  I love y'all.

 

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He was deployed and is now in Iraq.

*** Please keep Nathan (he just had a bone marrow biopsy), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Ms Pammy, Lenore, Trish, and David Carey in your prayers. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please keep Heather, Baby Izzy (in her tummy) and Charles in your prayers.

*** Please say prayers for my Aunt Gloria.

*** Please pray that MaryNell will have the guidance from God that she needs. 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, your job is playing what I would call the "politics" card. It's so sad that people have to resort to that, but unfortunately, the world turns at the beat of the political drum. All you can hope to do is mess up the beat every now and then--something I doubt you have much trouble doing, and something I'm sure you have fun with as well!

I'm feeling a little sad right now too. I think cuz of your entry. But that's ok--in fact, what you should do is post your sadness on your page--as soon as you do, you will transfer all your sadness to us and we will be sad for you!! I like that deal, I can definitely handle that!!

I miss you muy much. 10 days til Europe!

Love you!!!!
~FC~

Anonymous said...

FC ~ 10 days until you leave?!!!!!!!!!  Oh my goodness!!  We must talk!  I love you...thanks for making me smile, AGAIN.  :)  xoxoxoxo Me

Anonymous said...

Rene, I don't have to write in the comments when my best friend is doing your journaling...I just call her.  :)  As always you are in my prayers!  Keep your chin up...you are a fighter!!!!  --MN

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayer request!  Hopefully God will give me the words to help make a difference in my nieces life!--MN