Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Verdict Is In

                        

I want to tell each one of you how humbled I am with your comments, prayers and kind words.  WOW ~ I am abundantly blessed.  Thank you for taking the time to share in my journey and for giving me the inspiration to write and to inspire.

There is a 2.5 cm malignant tumor ON my liver.  Now, before you gasp or get upset.  You should first know, it can be treated!  If it were IN my liver it would be far worse.  I am being referred to a Gastroenterology Oncologist(that's a mouthful!).  More than likely, he will biopsy the tumor through my belly button.  There are two options for treatment.  Surgery and lasering the little booger right off of my liver.  I know this is going to shock some of you...I AM WILLING to have the treatment.  My appointment with him is September 14th.  Let's all do some rejoicing that the tumor is not only treatable but on my liver and not in it.

After telling my parents, my father held up his glass and said, "Here's to a malignant tumor that is ON the liver!"  Mom and I laughed.  After all, who ever thought we'd be toasting the fact that I have a malignant tumor!  Ohhh but there is such a bright side and we have to celebrate that!

Thursday is the ultra sound for my breasts and mammogram.  The lump is still there.  Pray that it's only a cyst!

Thank you all for your patience and for respecting my needs.

Thank you to my always amazing, supportive, loving sister.  This journey would be impossible without you.

Thank you Michelle and Michael for the gorgeous flowers.

Thank you Jules for being so thoughtful.  We are looking forward to supper tomorrow.  I cannot wait to see you!!

Thank you Melinda for sharing your "treasures" with me.  I haven't found a place for them just yet...but I will.

MN ~ Sure do love you back, a whole bunch!!!!!!!!!

Amy W. ~ We have to do lunch!  I'll be back September 22nd!

Leeann ~ What country are you in now????  Ha ha ha!!!  xoxoxox

Uncle Don ~ It's been forever since I've seen you!!  Please come visit!  I love you!

Stephen....speechless.

I am going to sleep like an angel tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to count your blessings!! 

Have faith and believe in miracles.

I love y'all!

 

*** Please say prayers for Tammy and her family. 

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is starting chemo and radiation again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!  The power that this journal holds in amazingly incredible!!!!!  I am so glad that you write and inspire us all.  One test down and one to go and like the last, I have no doubt that it is just a cyst!  I am still praying for the many miracles that are left in your journey and I am counting down the days to see you again!

Sleep tight and sweet dreams!  I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

My friend in new york had a tumor on his liver, they removed it gave him some chemo and he is cancer free. I pray that happens with you and the lump is just a cyst. Your such an inspiration and your strenghth through all this is amazing. I am so very honored to be allowed to read your journal and follow you in your journey. ((((((((((big big hugs to you))))))))))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I AM SO HAPPY THAT IT IS NOT IN YOUR LIVER!!!!! PRAISE GOD!
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

Well, we are happy for small miracles when they happen!  Sending you more prayers... glad you will sleep well tonight!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

PRINCESS JUST KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!!!!!!!   LOVE U......

Anonymous said...

Will continue to hold you in prayer!!!
Hugs,Sugar

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so relieved...  I've been trying to catch up on journals, and have been reading through your latest entries, and praying that by the time I reached this one that it would be good news.  

Yes, the thought of a tumer at all is enough to make anyone 'gasp', but God willing, you will SOAR through this treatment and overcome and DEFEAT this!!  

Prayers upon prayers, hugs upon hugs...  ::sending strength and love::

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing with you over this news!!  Looking forward to more good reports on all fronts!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO AMAZING!

Praise our dear precious God!!  THANK YOU DEAR JESUS!!!

Oh Reeknee, I love you and miss you.  Oh how wonderful to hear this.  
I know you aren't quite out of the dark but you are the toughest cookie I know.
Speaking of cookies wanna bake some?  Did you get my email about Stephen? How silly huh?  I love you a gazillion times a million bubbatillion times over. Ahhhhhhhhhhh...Can I have a hug....pweez?
Keep up the outstanding fight sweetheart.  You are ............... absolutely ...................... AmAzInG.

RED~IZZY~CHARLES

Anonymous said...

You have a great support system, and THAT is half the battle, isn't it?  Having somebody to lean on when the news isn't the best.  Here's to malignant tumors that are ON the liver

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that this is treatable. Your attitude is great. You are an inspiration.
Go get that much needed sleep.
Take care,
Trish

Anonymous said...

wonderful news:) keeping you in prayer

Deb

Anonymous said...

I think that is worth a HALLELUJAH and then some!  I too toast with you (holding up my bottle of H20 this early in the AM) to the malignant tumah!  Good going!  God Bless and will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

i am sure your positive attitude and the support you have is half the battle....here's to you and here's to it being treatable!!
Cheers!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Love your positive attitude!  And you are right to have it!!!  Of course you are willing to have the surgery, it will save your life!  You know, surgeries are getting better and better these days.  Especially laser.  Amazing stuff is done with lazers.  But whatever way you choose to have the surgery, I will wait for a positive outcome with you. :)

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

I am pleased that there are positive slants, and that you are seeing them. Indeed, here's to a malignant tumor that's treatable. Zap!

Anonymous said...

Rene, you continue to amaze and inspire me.  For real we are hooking up this time!!  Love you Amy

Anonymous said...

I sincerly pray that they can zap that tumor right out of your liver and that the place in your breast is a treatable tumor. Good luck to you and may God bless and heal your body. Helen

Anonymous said...

Rene,

That's so awesome! Yipee Hooray! I had to laugh at your dad's toast, so funny! Your enthusiasm sure brightens my day and of course, your wicked sense of humor! Glad you received your gift, and you're welcome. So glad all of ours and your prayers were answered in a positive way. Keep on praying.

Love,
Melinda

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing woman, Rene!!! God certainly does have a special plan for you, sweetie! Next time you visit Heather...I would LOVE to meet you! H is such an amazing friend...I love her sooo much!!! I'm sure you feel the same way. This stupid little tumor is just another mole hill for you to step over, sweetie! Notice I said, mole hill, NOT mountain! :0) You've been through sooo much up to this point...you'll certainly do just fine through this one! We have an amazing, all-powerful, mighty physician taking good care of us...only He knows our destiny, sweetie, and He CAN heal you of all this crap! Keep on hangin on, sweetie! You're very much loved, cared for, thought of, and prayed for!

@}--->--->----  <---a rose for you my dear sweet friend! ~Kel

Anonymous said...

hey girlfriend!! so awesome catching up with you.  you sound great!!! cant wait for you to come and visit:):)  love you more my friend!!