Saturday, August 18, 2007

Shrimp, Breast Feed?????

I was happy to be in Philly to see my family yesterday.  It felt very weird to be at my cousin's house, without my Aunt Gloria.  She is missed terribly by everyone, and it wasn't just the conversation that told me so. There was plenty of laughter with the reminiscing and tears though.  I am grateful for that.  Of course, when Ellie came into the kitchen to tell us she had seen a shrimp breast feeding...it set the silly mood for the remainder of our visit.  When we went out for dinner, it seemed that time flew by as we laughed until tears were rolling down our cheeks and our tummies hurt.  Philadelphia was great!!!! Not to mention, the Eagles redeemed themselves in their second pre season game!!!!

Jess and Elan, I hope you're enjoying your soccer tournaments and playing well!!

FC ~ the ring is beautiful and Pierre is adorable.  Tom, ya done good!!  Ha ha.

Marsh, thanks for doing my laundry and for the supply of mattress pads.  Now, step away from the teeth.

Uncle Gravy, I love you.  I'm sorry you hurt so badly and wish I had some brilliant words to make "it" all better. I don't...but what I can tell you is grief is ever changing. There are days that will seem healing and days that seem entirely too long. Do whatever feels right for you, and please know you aren't alone.  Don't forget, there's a ship in South Carolina waiting for you!!!!!!!

I'll be going back to Anderson tomorrow.  I'm riding with my friend, Michelle.  I'm hoping my body feels a little happier for the eight hour ride.

I dread goodbyes with the Browning bunch...however I will be returning September 22nd via plane thanks to "the man"!!  YEA!!!!!!


***Prayers for safe traveling for Michelle, Michael and I.
***Prayers for  Tony Luke Jr.

*** Prayers for Tammy, her father and their family.
*** Prayers for Julie.

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is having a bone marrow aspiration), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is home from the war safely and will be going back in two weeks.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's  the mark of a good family....to make a reunion out of any occasion.  Glad you were able to be there.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

YAY FC!!!!


YAY!!!!

YAY!!!

=)

happy happy joy joy

loved seeing you!!

LOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

glad you had a fun time:) enjoy your week

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful!!!  It sounds like you have had a marvelous fun time and you get to go back soon!  Yay!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Since losing my husband last year, I have found that my grief is like the ocean..it comes in waves nd ges back out for awhile but it always returns....
Hope your pain has subsided a bit...
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU REEKNEE!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had such a great time! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I watched that Eagles game, 27 to 10 woooohooooooooo EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had a great time here in philly. ((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

GO Da Bears. I'm so sorry it's hard without your Aunt. You are in my prayers and so is your family. I'm so sorry for uncle gravy and hope he is doing a little better.
Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Grief is a  terrible feeling,and we all deal with it differantly.I hope everyone soon feels much better. Prayers being said for you all.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES