Thursday, August 16, 2007

I Should Be Asleep

I should be asleep BUT I'm having some pain I don't particularly care for.  So, I've come downstairs to try to sleep on the recliner, hoping to be more comfortable.

Yesterday was full of adventure.  I drove back into Mo County to pick up prescriptions, went by the Capital Women's Care in Rockville to chat and say goodbyes and then I got stuck in some serious traffic right before the bridge coming back into DC.  Now, let me tell you while sitting waiting for traffic to move.  (If I never mentioned it, I am now.  Patience is my least favorable quality!) I noticed it was only my lane not moving!!  I put my signal on to change lanes and oh my goodness...not an accident BUT an idiot who needed to change lanes.  No one would let him over to do so.  What does he do??  Stops dead in the center of his lane, keeps his signal on and continues to wait and hold up the other cars just so he can  get over.  I didn't do so well with that needless to say!!

Moving forward....Dinner was at Peking Gourmet in Virginia.  It was  Tita and Uncle Al's plan.  A bunch of us met there at 7:00 pm.  With the exception of one little Izzy, and her red headed Momma who ummmmmm arrived a little late!!!  Others at the round table: My cousin Richard, Barbi, Marlo (he was my supervisor at Capital Women's Care), my brother in law's parents and of course my sister, Dave and the kids.  Great bunch, don't ya think??  You've never had duck until you've been to this place!  Holy cow, it was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There was even a little old Chinese man (chef??) who came to the table with the ducks and carved them, effortlessly.  I promise you, by the time Red (Heather) arrived.  No duck for her (sorry Red!!!!).  We finished three of them!! Guess what???  There was still more  food coming.  DELICIOUS...and no tummy "incidents".  YEA!!!  Mom, you have to come here!!!!!  You will love it. 

After full tummies, mango ice cream and fortune cookies we hugged and kissed and said goodbyes.  Barbi, Marlo and I then headed off for...yup you guessed it our "regular" bar.  The Stained Glass Pub.  It was karaoke night!!  I couldn't even pay Marlo to sing, but Barbi and I sure did.  In between the shots we were drinking of course!!  Only four.  That's taking it easy for us!!

Barb and I got back onto base around 1:30 am.  The ride was pleasant. Windows down, discussing issues, life and love.  The usual.  :)  She's asleep in my room now...and I'm now going to try to fall asleep before the sun rises.

Thank you to everyone that joined me tonight.  I am blessed and loved and could not be more grateful.

Please don't take your loved ones for granted or the precious moments God gives you.  Life is a celebration.  Laugh plenty.  Love just as much and live in the moment!!

I love y'all very much.

*** Prayers for Julie, please!!!!!!!!!!

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is having a bone marrow aspiration), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is home from the war safely and will be going back in two weeks.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got out and had such a nice time.  The weather has been cooperating and making it nicer for everyone in the area!  God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time..shots and Karaoke..you are my kinda gal...;-)
Lyn


Anonymous said...

If shots are your tummy's idea of very small meals then COUNT ME IN!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time.
Sorry you are hurting, here's a big gentle hug {}.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I would have joined you on the Karaoke.   My brothers recent wedding in Scotland had a Karaoke all night and various guests, including all our family, got up and made the night a 'Special One'.  It was used all night right thorugh until one in the morning. A great time was had by all!
Your 'Great Bunch' had a great get-together round the table along with you, by the look of things.  
Your duck sounded absolutely moist, tender and delicious.   Yum!
Sounds like you all had a great night out.  Sorry you are in pain though...I pray that it will ease off and give you some respite.

Take care.
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

I wish everyone would listen to your pearls of wisdom!!!

FC!!!

TOMORROW!!!!

<3 u!!!!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun! I do hope you feel better. :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope your pain subsided and that you were able to get some rest...  May today bring you peace and comfort!  

Thank you for sharing your adventures, and for your heartfelt words..  Life is indeed a precious gift.  Wish I didn't need so many reminders, but at least I'll always listen and believe and be thankful.

::hugs and blessings::

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Irene,

Sounds like a great fun night!! You know how to party!!!  And, as you know well, life IS too short not to do so!  I am so happy for you!  

Sending you lots of prayers...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Happy you have such a full life and remember to appreciate all the special things. Sending continued prayers that you remember He is right there with you within. Hugs, Deb ;-)

Anonymous said...

This is Barb....actually,rene is signed on and this is not my puter soooooo.
  So let me just clarify that if our waitress had been more on top of her job...we'd have been a little more than tipsy, but we were also indecisive as to what to drink.Can you believe that??? Too much fun tho.Rene put my song slip in and Sonny(karaoke dude) couldnt read her handwriting, you may all now refer to me as Bambi.

Anonymous said...

Well did u mean 4+4+4=16 shots each...thats sounds more like it....Princess that is not what I mean as small meals!!!!SHOTS!!!! did u get back on base at 1:30 am or 1:30pm?  Do u now have ur night and days mixed up....our weather up it can effect ur thinking at times....so glad u had a great time.....but I did enjoy seeing u in Rockville Office....u are such a shining star....and to see u glow and be sooooo
soooo happy.....u have a safe trip back with Michelle....she has a little gift for u from me.....and I will see u in September....u know that was a song by the one and only FOUR SEASONS;  back in the day....Love U Pammy

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great time out. loved the pics. your very pretty. (((hugs)))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. except the traffic part. I loved this line in your journal  "Please don't take your loved ones for granted or the precious moments God gives you. "   That is so true and I plan to practice that thought everyday for the rest of my life. Thanks for the inspiration.
Barbara