Monday, August 20, 2007

The Drive, Some Pizza And A Lump.

Sunday afternoon, Michelle, Michael (her son) and I jammed the trunk of her brand new Camry full of luggage.  We were beginning our adventure to South Carolina.  Despite the tummy issues, and the fact that I had started bleeding again...we were off.

As a reminder, Michelle is my friend that I met at Capital Women's Care who took care of me after my surgeries and hospital stays...and up until the time I moved to Anderson.  She's a class act and we don't spend nearly enough time together!!!!!!

Other than some terrible traffic in Virginia, our drive was uneventful. Full of great conversation, great music and as always laughter.  We arrived in Anderson just a little after midnight.  Mom waited up for us, I knew she would.  She offered to feed us before we even had the chance to bring our luggage in, as I knew she would!!  That's my Momma!

(Have you ever heard of Steak ~N~ Shake??  Ohhhh fudge...that's a different story for another day!!!!!!)

Michelle and Michael tucked in somewhere after 1:30 am.  I think Mom and I stayed awake catching up and chatting until almost 3:00 am.

Morning came quickly, but joyfully.  I was eager to hang out with my friends and Mom said she was taking us to see the new house!

I can't even begin to describe how beautiful the house is!  I took MANY pictures.  It's unbelievable how much work has gone into building it.  My room is painted a beautiful shade of Optimistic Yellow.  Oh yes, I did decide that particular shade of yellow because of the name!!!!!!!  Dad thinks it is too bright.  I told him I loved it...and I do!

We went to lunch at Ci Ci's.  I was hardly careful.  When I was done eating pizza, I had a brownie and a small cinnamon bun.  We were going to get our nails done afterwards...but my tummy had other plans.  I know, it was my fault.  I ate entirely too much.  It won't happen again. Seriously.

.

We came back to the house.  I took some meds and napped.  Michael watched a movie and Michelle ventured off into Anderson to have a manicure and get her car washed.

They leave Wednesday morning...and I know the time will come all too soon.  Michelle is part of that "wind beneath my wings".  I couldn't do this cancer stuff without her.  Everyone needs a Michelle in their life!!!!!!!

My biopsy and CT scan are Wednesday.  I've placed a call to my doctor in the meantime...there's a lump in my right breast.

I sure do love y'all and I am extremely grateful and blessed you continue to walk this journey with me.

Please keep the prayers and comments coming!!!  It all helps! 

 

***Prayers for  Tony Luke Jr.
*** Prayers for Tammy, her father and their family.
*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is starting chemo and radiation again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is home from the war safely and will be going back in two weeks.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((Irene))))))))))) I keep you in my thoughts and prayers daily. You are such a wonderful and may I add beautiful lady. I just love the pic of you in this entry. There;s no fake smile, it is the real you and I like that. I'm with you. I like a bright yellow also. That was nice your Momma waited up for you. Thats what us mom's do, lol. OK, I have never heard of steak and shake. You'll have to do an entry on it, lol. My thoughts will be with you on wednesday while your getting your biopsy and scan. Take care my friend.
Love,
Cindy xoxox

Anonymous said...

My living room is bright yellow and cream.  I find that colour uplifting and cheerful. It's as though the sun is shining every day.
I wish you every happiness in your new bedroom.   I'm sorry you have found a lump in your breast.  
You are in my prayers every evening. God Bless.

Jeanie

http://journals.aol.co.uk/kirkbyj05/DaytoDayLifeintheLakes/

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful picture of you!!! You look beautiful and content... good things.  I am praying for you... sounds like you will have a wonderful time this week!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

The smile says it all. Your continue to keep your spirits bright despite what Cancer has given you of your life. Your a true inspiration and compassionate soul. Keeping you in my prayers on the smoke! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Loving you
Missing you
Praying for you
Can't wait to squeeze you again
Call me please

Anonymous said...

I hope u have played my cd over and over by now.  My prayers and thoughts will
always be with you!!!!! Your picture is soooo soooo full of content, love, strength, spirit and faith.  I am glad you all had a save drive..Just keep on keeping on....my princess.....Irene.....Love u....Pammy

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are having a great time. I am so glad of that.
you are in my prayers.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

You look great. Glad you're having a good time.
Take care, Chrissie