Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Tub, A Sleep Over And Some Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Imagine this...you are all alone.  The house is quiet.  You start running warm bath water.  You add some smell good oil.  The tub fills and you gently put yourself in to soak.  You are relaxing, telling yourself how good it feels to take a bath.  When suddenly, panic sets in!!!!!!  You realize, getting out of the bath tub is going to be a task!  It is as if you had forgotten the painful tumor in your spine and how much your tummy aches when you bend.  Oh but reality sets in...and you begin talking to yourself.  Saying things like "I am going to be stuck in here until my sister comes home" and "what the hell was I thinking getting into the tub with no one else home AND locking the bathroom door" - "what if they don't come home until late...I'll be a prune, I'll freeze".  Then you get it together, remembering you are "ok" and move very slowly to get out of the tub safely.  Ha ha ha! PHEW!!!!  That was a close call!!!!!!! I didn't prune either and my skin is all nice and silky smooth and soft.

There is a slumber party here at the Browning home tonight.  Sorry if you missed your invitation.  It's just kids!  Although, Barb did join us for dinner.  We had burgers and dogs and corn and "stuff". Home made chocolate chip cookies for dessert!
It was yummy.  I even treated myself to a very, very small pina colada.  Only half a glass after three big gulps...which would make it a full glass.  JUST JOKING!!  I didn't even finish it, so stop with that look Mom and Dad!!!!!  (My Aunt Gloria would be commenting on this too!)   We watched CARS and now they are all tucking in.  Of course, if you remember sleep overs from when you were a child, there will be lots of giggling and shhhhhhhhhhh ing before anyone actually sleeps! 

I'm taking Sarah (my 10 year old niece) to riding lessons tomorrow.  So, for all those reading who live in Mo County....I'll be in your neck of the woods.  If you have a minute and want to see me...I'm happy to do a "drive by".

Again, I have tons of comments today on different journal entries.  WOW!! is all I keep saying.  Reading all of the prayers and supportive words gives me more healing then any surgery or medication could ever do.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!                                                                                                                                                   
(Pamela just yelled up the stairs, "Girls go to sleep"...I told ya!!  Too funny!)

Two upchucking incidents.  Everything else, status quo.

I love y'all.  Thank you for continuing to share this journey with me.

Sweet dreams.


 

*** Please say prayers for my family.

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (They didn't "get it all".), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

If this is yourfirst time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!



20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it out of the tub!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I use to have a big tub like your graphic and I was very pregnant and always had to have my husband come save me. It was like helping a whale move.
So happy that you are enjoying your visit. Sleepovers are the bomb if you're a kid nothing like it.
Enjoy the next day of your trip. I'm sure everyone there is so happy you have come to visit.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

I always used to throw up at sleepovers because I ate too much junk!  My kids and their friends seem to be able to keep their junk food down so far!  LOL

I am soooooo happy you didn't have a problem getting out of the bath!  If you have a home depot near you... they have inexpensive tub handles that you can put on the tub and remove after your visit!  And then use them at home!  I love mine!  LOL

Have fun!!!  

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I haven't been in a tub in several years...I loved it so, but because of my knees & back, & my weight...I had to give it up & just take showers. Glad you got out ok! {{}}
Sleepover fun, LOl I recall it from when my kids were young.
Have a good night & a good week.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

OH, SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME!
THOSE COOKIES SOUNDS SO GOOD! SO DOES THE PINA COLADA!!! LOL
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

One of my neighbours once had the awful ordeal of being stuckin the bath.She always made a point to her family afterwards never to lock the door.Let soemone know you are going there first and then afterwards,let them know your ok.I remember well all the giggles on sleepovers from myself and friends and from my own family of four and there friends. GET TO SLEEP NOW !! LOL!! and the echoing of he-he he he.The slumber party sounded good.Hope youhave  agood Monday Take care God Bless Prayers being said for everyone.Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I am glad u had a great day.  I went to see Hairspray with my youngest daughter, Michelle, by the way she got engaged on July 3. It was a greaqt movie!!!! Then she tookj ne for a beer and a shot (called Candy Apple), got me dinner to go and dropped me off at home!!!! We had a great time.  So how was riding lessons?

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you made it out of the tub ok. Choc chip cookies sounds good. Good luck with the riding lessons for your niece. Prayers still going up for all of us. May God give you all the healing you need and a much needed up lift in your spirits. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great relaxing time..enjoy tomorrow...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of slumber parties, LOL.  I have two daughters and the youngest is now 18 and we still have them!  I can't remember the last time I took a soak bath, that sounded wonderful and glad you made it out with no difficulty!  I prayed for you this morning, I hope you have a good day!  God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you didn't prune and that you made it out OK! Haven't had the adventure of a slumber party yet, just one sleeping over. Sounds like fun! Glad your tummy's doing pretty well. Keep making those memories!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you made it!!!  Y'all have a great time!  

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a sweet, warm bath with no problems.  LOL..nothing like chocolate chip cookies and a good old sleepover to lift the spirits.  JLand is jumping for joy and praying that your wonderful times continue and your spirits stay lifted.  Big HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Glad that you made it through. :o) I hope you have a great day! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Cookies!!!  You better be sharing,right? You're all in my thoughts. -Dawn-

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your head prevailed and you where able to get out of the tub safely. Sometimes we get so used to living with something we tend to forget in moments like these. I often forget when I'm home that I am indeed deaf until I go outside and someone tries to talk to me. I miss those days of sleep overs. I guarantee you the kids will be sleepy and miserable tomorrow. It never fails. Keeping you in my prayers on the smoke! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a good soak, Irene. Trick is to stay awake lol

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for my Rebecca to have sleepovers with school friends. Have an awesome time. (((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy
Ps, your in my prayers always.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your bath once the panic subsided a bit..  There's little in life more relaxing then a hot, luxuriously scented, bubbly tub!

And thank YOU, for the honor of allowing us to ride along, Irene.  

::hugs::
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hello....sleepovers are a hoot!  I'm having one in my home on the 17th for my daughter's 10th birthday.  11 girls, plus my own....12 girls!  What was I thinking!!!  LOL!!  I'm sorry....I had to chuckle about the tub episode.  Laughter "IS" the "BEST" medicine!!!!
Hugs,
Gina
http://journals.aol.com/motoxmom72/GinasWeigtLossJourney