Thursday, August 16, 2007

In The Scheme Of Things...

I complained too much today, even though I heard Ellie singing the words to a song she made up and it brings me great happiness.

I complained too much today, even though my nephew hugged me tightly as if his life depended on it.

I complained too much today, even though I got a great haircut from someone who was enthusiastic about cutting my hair and giving me a "funky" cut.

I complained too much today, even though Barbi came and made dinner for all of us and kept me company even while I napped.

I complained too much today, even though most of my day I was with my sister and the kids.  Something I cannot "get" enough of.

I complained too much today, even though I was able to laugh.

I complained too much today, even  though I could breathe and the pain was bearable if I laid down and took my pain meds.

I was reading emails before I started this entry.  I read one from a dear friend who told me her father was making his journey "to the breakfast table".  I cried for her, and selfishly for me too.  In the scheme of "things", today I took everything for granted.  Sometimes, even I need some grounding and perspective to remind me that even though I feel bad...it could be much worse.

Before you fall asleep tonight, remind yourself that it's almost always "small stuff" and not worth the fuss.  Remember, if you have food on your table, you have fresh air to breathe, a place to rest your head, a prayer, a blessing, loved ones and little ones to love...your life is full and you are rich.  Stop complaining.  I will too.


*** Prayers for Tammy, her father and their family.
*** Prayers for Julie.

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is having a bone marrow aspiration), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is home from the war safely and will be going back in two weeks.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your last paragraph is so true!
But don't worry about complainuing here, that's part of what a journal is all about, saying what you feel.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

very wise words from a very wise woman...
I have little to complain about but i do...  <sigh>
have a great weekend
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Quote:  Remember, if you have food on your table, you have fresh air to breathe, a place to rest your head, a prayer, a blessing, loved ones and little ones to love...your life is full and you are rich.  Stop complaining.  I will too.

THAT'S A DEAL!  I WILL TRY NEVER TO COMPLAIN AGAIN BY REMEMBERING WHAT YOU HAVE SAID ABOVE AND BY FOLLOWING YOUR EXAMPLE.
YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL SOUL.

You are also in my prayers.
Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

I complain alot, but hey I'm a woman, am I not allowed, lol. (((((((hugs)))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

It isn't always complaining when you are stating how you feel!  It is okay... you have more on your plate than most, dear heart!  Thank you for sharing with us... it sounds like you had a good day.
  Sending prayers...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Irene...I just wanted to tell you just how much I admire you for your courage and strength to keep on goin! I was introduced to you (well...your picture...LOL!) by Heather (Red). I've been keepin up with your posts since I've gotten your site address. You are certainly an amazing woman! I told H...I would absolutely LOVE to meet you sometime!!! I wish I would've had the chance while you were in her "neck of the woods". Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, girlfriend! I will continue to keep up with you...I check for new posts every day. :0) Well, sweetie...take good care of yourself...I pray the Almighty Physician heals every fiber of your being! May everything re-align itself and allow you to come away a much stronger, more vibrant woman...as His testimony of life!

Luv n prayers~Kel

Anonymous said...

You inspire me ~ with your strength, your courage, your words and with your heart...

Thank you.

::wishing you a peaceful and blessed weekend::

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I think we have to keep reminding ourselves,about the good things we do have. Everyone complains at some time in there lives you are not alone.We have to be thankful for small mercy's .Sorry for being late with comments again.I will try to  be more frequent when time allows.I am visiting a sick friend this last week and behind with most things.You Take Care and look after yourself.Prayers still beign said.Have a blessed Sunday .God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES