Thursday, August 23, 2007

The News

                       

The good news is the lymph nodes in my tummy are simply unhappy!!  Cancer free lymph nodes...YEA!!

The interesting news is I have a hernia.  My oncologist thinks it's from the heavy coughing.  At this point, he doesn't think surgery is neccessary.  I'm sure most of you aren't surprised I've "picked up" a new ailment!  What's new!?!!!!

The bad news is the ultrasound showed a "spot" on my liver.  The doctor is hoping it is an Adenoma (benign liver tumor.)  Tomorrow, I will have another ultrasound so he can determine the size, shape and most importantly if it is malignant or not. 

As far as the lump in my breast.  It is "suspicious" .  I am having a mammogram and ultrasound the 30th.  If it is not a cyst, it will be surgically removed for a biopsy.

I've been crying on and off since "the news".  I'm scared and at this point not feeling so glass half full.

Please say prayers that the spot is an Adenoma.

I am going to bed.

Thank you to all those that commented on my last entry with jokes, prayers of support and love, and the continued inspiration.

I love y'all so much.

Mom and Dad ~ how can I even begin to find the words telling you how much I appreciate you and love you??!!!!!!!!  You are AMAZING.

Pamela ~ I'm not sharing the spot light.  No more hospital visits for you, until I am at the breakfast table....got it?????  Ha ha.

Stephen ~ Thank you for making it about me.  I knew you were a smart man a very long time ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Michelle ~ I miss you already!  Enjoy Myrtle Beach!

*** Please say prayers for Tammy and her family.  Her father got his angel wings and is now saving a seat at the breakfast table.

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (He is starting chemo and radiation again.), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission),Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is home from the war safely and will be going back in two weeks.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear the lymph nodes are ok. :)
Hoping the liver spot will be ok too. {{}}
Lots of hugs, prayers, & love coming your way.
God bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Praying for you so hard it hurts. I'm here if you need me. You don't need to hold me up - I'm here for you. Being yourself is OK. Being scared is OK. Crying is OK. Being mad is OK. You can crawl into your hole for as long as you need to just don't forget the way out. I love you tons. Some day I'll tell you about always wanting a big sister. I have one in you.

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of prayers... you still sound so positive even on a bad day... and we all are entitled to our bad days!  

I am hoping for the very best... you deserve it.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

keeping you in prayer:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

The news may change from day to day, but God is still God EVERY day!!  Praying and believing for the best for you.  - Barbara

Anonymous said...

continued prayers for you....
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Praying that God will heal and give you peace!  I know this is a lot of "news" being thrown at you!  Hang in there and I will keep praying for you.  God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear the good news about your lymph nodes.  Praying really hard too that the suspicious lump  and the liver 'spot' is benign too.  
I am sending my prayers up for your good health and peace of mind.
God Bless
Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure there are any ways to show or words to express my sincere love and deep thoughts and concern for one of the greatest persons that have ever entered my life.

I love you, every SINGLE thing about you.

*big hug* May I wear your pj pants next time you're up?  Hey how about we both wear them together?  That'll be the world's biggest hug for sure!

I love you
Keep us posted when you feel able.  We're here for you ALWAYS!

Thanks Pam for everything.  You're so wonderful too.  I'm so glad I know such Godly women and families!! *big hug*  Talk to you all soon

Love Always
RED

Anonymous said...

Got you in prayers. (((((Hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for the biopsy - hope it's nothing untoward. Keep us posted :-)

Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

That is good news about the tummy! Aww, I am so sorry that you have to worry about all this new stuff. I will be thinking sending my prayers and good thoughts your way. Take care!
Trish

Anonymous said...

Prayers to you Irene and to your family.
Take care, Chrissie
http://journals.aol.com/nay0114/almost-paradise-ii/