Sunday, March 4, 2007

I'm Back

I must have jinxed myself.  I had a few really bad days after my last entry.  The cancer must be catching up with me!!!  Ohhh laugh I'm just being silly.  It's just cancer you know.  After all, we may know my diagnosis and prognosis BUT like my sister and I always talk about....none of us know when our time is up!!!  Now, smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Please look at all the pictures on the left.  The cutest girls!!!!!!!!!!!!  Our girl scouts.  Yesterday, they went to earn their dance badges. Chaka Khan never saw so much groove!  The girls were naturals.  Of course, it never even dawned on me to wear comfy clothes (and not clogs!!) so I could dance too.  But Julie got in on the action!  She's a pro too!  :)  You girls were FABULOUS!!  Congratulations on earning your dance badges!!

I've been thinking about the many ways we can be "connected" to people.  The unspoken way of a very old friendship.  The unconditional way of family. Or by way of a single coincidence or a friend of a friend or even by tragedy.  I am grateful for the many connections in my life. Every lesson I learn from those I am connected to makes me a stronger person. Each connection I have makes my life richer.  I have such a blessed life!

The weather has been beautiful.  The sun has been out and I am ready to start working on my tan!  (Don't be jealous Michelle!)  Thank goodness for an early Spring!

I have my new client, and should get my regular schedule with her by this evening.  Her name is Talula.  Got to love that.  I'm not going to know how to act....work and a paycheck!!

The new house is coming along unbelievably!!!! The insulation is in, the walls are up, electricity, and water.  It's exciting!!  I even picked out the paint for my walls. If you know me well, it won't be any surprise to you what color!!  YELLOW!!!!!

I'm going to finish this up for now, WITHOUT the promise of coming back later.  I will start writing regularly again though.  To those of you who have left messages on my phone....you know me and the wanting to be alone thing. :)  Thank you for tolerating that in me!! :)

I love y'all so much!!!

 

*** Please keep  Nathan ("They found zero Neuroblastoma cells in his sample.  This would mean his bone marrow is clear."  YEAH!!!!!!) , Ms Bobby (she's starting radiation soon.) and Ms Pammy in your prayers. They are all fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Heather and Izzy in her tummy.  Baby Izzy needs to fatten up before she arrives in June!!!!!!!

*** Please pray for Mary Nell and the healing of her back.

*** Prayers for Cassie and her family.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's only ok to wanna be alone if you are alone with everyone who loves you.

<3,
Favorite Cousin

Anonymous said...

I know from time to time, hibernation is required in your mind....remember you are very blessed to have the many people around you that love you and want to help in whatever way we can.........we (or at least I) use you from time to time for your potential so let us live up to ours and repay the favor.  Oh, and I forgot!  Laughter it the best medicine of all and whenever we chat there seems to be lots of that as I am sure that is the case with everyone!  I just wish that you were still around the corner for movies and pizza and cute dumb boys on motorcyles.  I am glad that you are feeling better.  Now that the sun is shining brightly I know you will too:)  And yeah, I am jealous............but only till I get to Mexico!

Can't wait until the next chat!   Hugs for now!

Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Michelle ~ Cute dumb boys on motorcycles?? Ha ha.  Gosh, what TWO boys would you be speaking of???  Confessions suck.  I love you bunches and miss you as much!! Thank you for being you.

Anonymous said...

Favorite Cousin ~ Some of the "everyone that loves me" remain in college and can't understand why some of us moved to South Carolina.  Ha! ha!
Can't wait to see you and Tom, oh and the rest of those folk I love in Philly!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....point well taken. Well, I think I'll quit school and you can quit South Carolina and we can meet up sometime. After all--what's holding us back besides a bed, family, and degrees?

BTW--smart or not, I've decided not to worry about my tests tomorrow and sleep over a friend's house tonight. I figure, I can still study and try to do well either way, but I'd rather throw in a fun night--I look at it this way: what will I remember more? Drinking wine with Ally and laughing all night or the tests that I take tomorrow? I might remember that I failed them, but I certainly wouldn't remember what was on them!!!!

Lessons from my favorite cousin come in handy on occasion!!! :-D

LOVE YOU!!