Wednesday, March 21, 2007

This Journey

There are times I can't help but wonder why I am still here.  There are even times I feel guilty, (as odd as that sounds) because I've seen others who are fighting this battle, die. It brings a very sad and scary reality. I realize I have no control over what the big picture is for me, or anyone else.  That alone, makes me more grateful for each waking moment I have.

One of my co workers is an Ovarian Cancer survivor.  The conversation came up at lunch after I asked her where she had worked previously.  She is just beginning to "put her life back together".  I didn't mention my cancer to her at that moment.  However, later when she was alone in her office I told her. Her faced showed shock...but minutes later we were comparing the scars across our tummies and chemotherapy stories. It may seem weird to you. I promise you though, it was a comfort to both her and I.  Just to know someone near can relate!

The Girl Scouts had a 95th Birthday Bash yesterday.  Who would have guessed that many girl scouts could fit into an auditorium?!!  In honor of celebrating birthdays, all the troops teamed up with Meals On Wheels and decorated small bags and filled them with special gifts.  The gifts will be given, with a piece of cake to any participant of Meals On Wheels to let them know how special they are!!

The girls also participated in a SWAP exchange. You can see the SWAPS if you look above at the pictures!  This way I don't have to explain so much as to what they are!! (Pins that are beaded and crafted and decorated). The SWAPS are traded among the different troops and then pinned to the girls hats.  They trade and collect them every year!

I'm exhausted.  I'm going to try to stay awake thru American Idol...but I'm thinking it isn't going to happen!!

I love y'all.  Thank you for continuing to take this journey with me.

 

*** Please keep  Nathan ("They found zero Neuroblastomacells in his sample.  This would mean his bone marrow is clear."  YEAH!!!!!!) , Ms Bobby (she's starting radiation at the end of the month.), Ms Pammy, and Trish. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Prayers for Tom and his family.

*** Prayers for Ms Cathie and Mr Don.

*** Prayers for Heather and Izzy in her tummy.  Baby Izzy needs to fatten up before she arrives in May!!!!!!!

*** A Very Special Congrats to FC for getting the job!!  I'm proud of you!!

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

No comments: