Monday, March 19, 2007

Expectations, Attitude, & Other Facts For The Day

I worked for a chiropractor years ago.  He was inspirational and could handle all situations with ease.  He taught me much about attitude and living life. Many of his words of wisdom have stayed with me. Most of his lessons have too. Who would have thought that one of the most meaningful, would apply to my life years later. He would frequently say...it is a doctor's responsibility to diagnose from the facts..it doesn't  mean we should "meet the expectations".  I was reminded of those words tonight.

More than two years ago, a doctor told me I had about eight months to live.  Thank God I didn't meet his expectations!! 

I can promise you, attitude is at least half the battle!!

Now, other facts for the day:

* Brandy the day after...not good.  :) (Notice, no journal entry yesterday!!)

* It's safer to fall when a nurse is around.

* It's better to just hold hands!

* The Olive Garden charges $ .25 for a taste of wine...and the same amount to get rid of good customers!!

* Getting paid on a Monday is RIGHTEOUS!! 

* Hearing the owner of the company say "thanks for working for me", PRICELESS.

* You can never go wrong with chocolate cake and milk.

* Turning on a light before walking into a dark room is smarter than the consequences of tripping over an 85 lb doggie.

* New gadgets don't always make life easier!

* Phone tag with your sister is better than no phone call at all.

* Laughing with family is irreplaceable.

* Being happy is contagious. :)

* Learning to tuck in before midnight and wake up before the sun, not so bad! 

 

I love y'all.  Thank you so much for coming here!!!!!!!!!!

Goodnight.

 

*** Please keep  Nathan ("They found zero Neuroblastoma cells in his sample.  This would mean his bone marrow is clear."  YEAH!!!!!!) , Ms Bobby (she's starting radiation at the end of the month.) Ms Pammy, Trish, and Ray Wood in your prayers. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Heather and Izzy in her tummy.  Baby Izzy needs to fatten up before she arrives in May!!!!!!!

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

on the contrary. tripping over things is tons of fun. i enoy doing it. or I must since i seem to average at least one item per day!

:-D  thanks for putting uncle ray in your prayers!

<3
FC

Anonymous said...

Glad to see all is still well!  I need to talk to you, got something to tell you about Mr. Don and he needs to be added to your prayer list.  

Love and miss you!
Michelle