Friday, March 16, 2007

Friedman & Felkoff

I'm not convinced they even remember each other's first names.  For as long as I can remember, they have been Friedman & Felkoff.  They = my father and my Uncle Gravy.  Uncle Harvey actually. (I'll tell the Uncle Gravy story another time. :)

Uncle Gravy and Aunt Gloria are here visiting from Philadelphia.  We went out for supper this evening after I came home from work (I love that sentence...came home from work!!!  YEAH!!).  As usual, when the waiter came to the table with the check, Friedman and Felkoff argued over who was going to pay the bill.  You should all know, this is something that NEVER fails...no matter where they might be.  It is hilarious!!  Of course Dad didn't know that before we even got seated Uncle Gravy told the hostess to make certain the waiter brought him the check.  After dinner, Dad went searching around the restaurant looking for our waiter, so he could pay the check. Did I mention this never fails??!!!!!!!  It's really quite entertaining!!!!!  In the end, Uncle Gravy won.  They are here until Tuesday. (I am very happy they are here visiting, if I didn't mention that!!) I'll keep you posted about who wins the battles!!

I survived my first week at work, obviously. I love it.  It feels amazing!!  There is much to be said for going to sleep at a reasonable hour and taking your meds as you are directed to!  Seems to be making life so much more enjoyable...not to mention comfortable!

I have two blood draws next week.  One with my cardiologist and of course the other, with my oncologist.  For now, I am not radiating anything. Yes, I realize this decision comes as a result of me feeling little to no pain the last two weeks. However, there is another reason too. I'm simply not going into the details, yet. : )

Before you fall asleep tonight, take the time to tell your family how much you love them. And tomorrow regardless of how hectic your life is, make the time to laugh and love and live, simply.  Don't take anything for granted!!  The time is now....

I love y'all so very much.

Goodnight.

 

*** Please keep  Nathan ("They found zero Neuroblastoma cells in his sample.  This would mean his bone marrow is clear."  YEAH!!!!!!) , Ms Bobby (she's starting radiation at the end of the month.) and Ms Pammy, and Trish in your prayers. They are all fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Heather and Izzy in her tummy.  Baby Izzy needs to fatten up before she arrives in May!!!!!!!

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your journal and I have some catching up to do! I hope you are dong well. I went and read your first entry and a few of the others but I will read the rest on the weekend. Enjoy your Aunt and Uncle's visit. Take care,
Trish
http://journals.aol.com/gosso23/my-breast-cancer-story/

Anonymous said...

They definitely don't remember each other's last names.  That's a fact.  The only question I have is.........  Why did my father come home looking the way that he did?  He keeps saying, "You should see the other guy!"  Was the other guy your father?  I actually think my dad is proud of his "T" shaped stitches.  It gives him more to tell the waitresses at the restaurants while he is fighting over the check.
I'm not going to let him visit anymore if he comes home looking like that.
Love You Rene!  Now that you are working, it would be funny if you paid the check and told the waitress not to let them know who paid. Can you imagine the look on their faces.  I'd like to be there for that.
Love,
Cousin Marsha