Monday, February 12, 2007

Simply Living Life

It was a great weekend!!  I am so much better off, when I am doing. The weather was much nicer for us while were selling Girl Scout cookies this Saturday. (Look at the pictures!!!!!!!) The sun was bright and it actually got warm.  The girls were enthusiastic and full of energy. They even took their coats off and danced around a little!!  We had quite a few people donate boxes to the troops (which I love!!)...and we may have even quality controlled a box as well. :) We sold a little more than one hundred boxes!!!  YEAH!!  It's your last chance if you want any!!!  Hint...hint.  :)

I saw John again Saturday night.  Oh let me rephrase that.  I went out to dinner with John AND met his father.  When he came to pick me up (15 minutes early), I wasn't ready and I panicked. You know that kind of panic ladies???!!! Can't find your mascara, not sure if the shirt looks good with the pants, is it a bad hair day...I have to look perfect when I go meet his father panic?!! When I finally came into the living room  my father told me I looked nice. John gave me a bouquet of flowers, and an early Valentine's Day gift.  At that moment, I could have had snakes growing out of my head, and snot coming out of nose. I still would have felt like the most beautiful lady in the world!

Dinner was pleasant. There was plenty of conversation.  John's father had many questions for me and was also sure to tell me what a "good boy" his son was.  I was sure to tell his father, I just might corrupt his son a little.  Ha ha.  That's my nature.  The little rebel in me.  His father laughed, and said that was fine. So I was told, I received the big approval from his father and the soon to be step mom.  Of course I did!!  What's not to love about me!!?!!  I like John. :)

I met a new client Sunday evening.  She's 93. She still lives in her extremely old farmhouse and owns chickens, sheep, and horses.  She also still feeds them, takes care of her yard best shecan, and her home.  So why does she need me??  Companionship.  She just wants me to hang out with her.  Walk the farm with her.  Pet the animals.  Sit with her.  I am eager to spend time with her!!!

I relaxed and slept most of today.  I knew I needed to. With the exception of a quick little run to a small bookstore and the post office.  (Mom drove because I can barely see straight from the meds!) I bought a used book called Notes to Myself.  The first line in the book is.... "If I had only forgotten future greatness and looked at the green things and the buildings and reached out to those around me and smelled the air."  Wow, what another great book to "stumble" upon.  Cool thing about it being used is that it has comments written in it from the person who read it previously.  I'll let you know how much I love it.

I feel good.  My tummy was a little unhappy after the movies Saturday but nothing I couldn't handle with medicine. (It made John a little nervous and we did sit and talk about it for a while. He's a sweetheart.) There were many moments these last few days, I found myself crying.  Yes, sometimes they were sad tears. 

I've realized again, how much I take for granted and how short life is.  So, before you fall asleep tonight...be mindful of what you are blessed by and grateful for. Even if it is as simple as the day being over and falling asleep.

 

I love y'all so very much.

 

*** Please say prayers for Tammy and her son Steven.

 *** Please keep  Nathan (He's starting chemo today.) , Ms Bobby (She had  successful surgery and will start radiation soon!!), Father Steve, and Ms Pammy in your prayers. They are all fighting the battle with cancer too .

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't STOP with the G.S. Cookies already!?!?!?  Now photos?  Crimony woman I NEED COOKIES NOW
I bought 10 boxes from my neice but um they aren't here yet.  Ugh....I am ready to scream!

I am thrilled you had such a great time with the girls.  How exciting!!

BONUS on John!!!!!! *highfive*

Still waiting for the phone to ring.........

I love you a ton a ton A TON!!!!!!!!!!!!

~RED & IZZY~

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend!!!  I am so glad that you came up with this journal.  I love that even when I can't talk to you on the phone I can read about what's going on with you even when you are having a bad day....hmmmm, if my life was eventful, maybe I'd give it a try myself although, there is no comparison in lives.....you are a true gem! I am glad that you have Julie and the girls to keep you sane and have good times with.  I am also glad that you like John...you go girl!!!!  His trip to Maryland ought to be very interesting though!  Anyway, must get my beauty rest since I am turning older tomorrow....oops did I say that??!!

Love and miss you lots,
Michelle

Oh and by the way....send all of your positive cheerleader vibes this way....I need your positivity!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh and thanks so much for the prayers for Tammy and Steven......you are unbelievably wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Red,

You read the entry before it was finished!!  Your comment alerted me, before I was done!! Now go back and finish up!!!!!!!! I will call you today (Tuesday) I promise. I love you bunches...and please rub Izzy for me!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I hear someone is having a birthday!!!!!!!  You are so going to hate me after I wake up in the morning and I've come back to my journal. :)  I love you tons.  Hugs to that handsome boy for me!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh and hive fives on the free throws!!

Anonymous said...

DEAR RENE,

WE FEEL BLESSED IN HAVING YOU FOR A NIECE AND THE LESSONS YOU ARE TEACHING US ABOUT LIFE.  

WE'RE GLAD YOU HAVE MET SOMEONE NICE AND HOPE HE CONTINUES TO MAKE YOU HAPPY.  HE SOUNDS LIKE A REAL WINNER.

LOVE YOU LOTS,
AUNT GLORIA & UNCLE GRAVY

Anonymous said...

Aunt Gloria & Uncle Gravy,

I feel very blessed to have you both. The lessons, I share them as I learn them!
Can't wait to see you!!!!! I love you!!!