Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Full Yesterday

Friendship is beautiful!!! I was invaded with a whole bunch of it yesterday!  Leeann and her sisters, Laurie and Shelby and Momma, Billie came to play!!  They drove from Pensacola, Florida which is sort of why Monday evening I didn't see them as planned.  "Sort of why" being the key phrase....and no I'm not going to explain it all because it will get far too confusing.  Not to mention, it won't be comical like it actually was!!

Let me tell you about Southern draw's.  I think I could see my mother seriously concentrating on what each of the girls was saying hoping not to miss a word!!

Anyway, though I had not seen Leeann in a while.  It didn't seem like that at all.  (Except she has long hair now.) She is still the same fun loving, kind hearted person I met seven years ago when she hired me to work with her in a fertility center.  I don't think I ever said that's how we met. I probably never mentioned that we shared an office either. My desk sat in front of hers. When I would talk on the phone with patients, Leeann would toss things in my big curly hair.  It was great amusement for her.  I can't lie, it kept me in stitches too!! There's nothing like trying to carry on a conversation with a patient, while your supervisor is throwing things at the back of your head!!!!!!!!!!  Oh that's not true...there's nothing like getting in the shower after a long day and finding paper clips in your hair!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha!!!  I love you Leeann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodbye's never seem to get easier.  I'd like to kick the thought that creeps up in my mind each time I'm hugging on someone and saying "see you later".  It's difficult though.  So, I hugged everyone tightly. Leeann got two.  I watched them drive away, closed the door, and I cried.

I'm incredibly blessed by your friendship Leeann!!!!!!  Go figure....Momma, and Shelby, and Laurie are just as wonderful !!!   :)

Two hours after their departure, I went off to play with my girl scouts.  It was World Thinking Day!! World Thinking Day is "when Girl Scouts and Girl Guides all around the world think of each other and give thanks and appreciation to their sister Girl Scouts." 

To celebrate it here, the senior girl scouts set up centers from different countries explaining not only about their specific country but about girl scouts from that country.  Each time the girls "visited" a different country they had a passport that got stamped.  It was very cool.  The girls enjoyed themselves...and so did I!!

I'm not sure what time I finally arrived back home.  I can tell you I was exhausted.  I caught the last part of American Idol and shortly after that, I fell asleep.

I keep saying I am much better when I am "doing".  Truly I am. 

Truly, life is good.

God is good. :)

More later....

 

No comments: