Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Michelle

Some people call her Crawford. You'll see her comments as qtcandlechic.  That's my friend, Michelle. Today is her birthday.  Happy Birthday Michelle!!  If I know her as well as I think I do...she is cursing me for doing this!!  I love it!  : )  That picture is from when she came to visit me last year.  It's not the most recent picture I have of her.  However, it is one I know she approves of and that's why I posted it. I am a smart friend, I know her rules. Did I mention it was Michelle's birthday??  Happy Birthday Michelle!!!

I met Michelle working for Capital Women's Care. That was the company I was working for when I moved from Maryland.  We shared an office...and let me say, ummmmm she was less than excited about it.  (Sorry girl, you know it's true!!)  She helped train me.  Otherwise, we didn't socialize at all. I wasn't used to that...and two months after I was trained I didn't like that still we didn't have some "common ground" to connect on.

Thank goodness for my curious ears. I overheard Michelle talking to my supervisor one day about "a guy".  Long story short. I interrupted their conversation. The guy was a close friend of mine who I had lost touch with.  From that moment on, Michelle and I could not shut up. We realized that "back in the day" we knew all the same people. We were actually shocked we had not met sooner.  It was the birth of a beautiful friendship. :)

I remember one of our co workers telling my mother that once Michelle feels like she's made a friend, she goes above and beyond for that person.  I have to agree with that 100%, if not more.

For those of you that didnt know, Michelle is the one who came to the emergency room with me when I fainted and broke my leg, and then had the heart surgery.  She took care of me while I remained in the hospital. Visiting at least once a day, bringing yummy goodies instead of hospital food. She washed my hair, brought her handsome son to cheer me up, gifts just because, gave me hugs and said positive words and always had plenty of gossip!!  It didn't stop there though.  When I came out of the hospital and I was still in the wheelchair, Michelle was the one who went grocery shopping for me.  She called a dozen times a day to make sure I was ok.  She visited a least twice a day with lunch and dinner and usually a movie too. My fancy walker came from her.  My pillows so I could breathe better, her.  I could go on forever. All the while, she had her own busy life.  Yet, always made time to check on me.

Michelle is incredibly special to me.  The time we've spent together is irreplaceble to me. She is modest about who she is....and she is caring, loving, and selfless.

I miss her.  The days of uncontrollable laughter in the office.  Pizza. Steak and cheeses. Cute boys and happy hour. Softball practice. Her knowing my stubborn side more than I'd care to admit. Trying to get me to a bathroom in time.  (There's a story behind that!)  She's a gem.

I am grateful for this day!!!  Happy Birthday Michelle!!  I love you and miss you so very much!!

Celebrate! Celebrate! Celebrate! 

PS ~ Don't forget to save me a potato wedge!!  :)

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a brat!!!!!  I love you more than words can say and wish you were around the corner to go hit Happy hour!  Thank you for your kind words but as you know I do not see myself in the same light as you....I am just your average friend, who'd do what any friend would do....well maybe not ANY FRIEND!!!!!   I am so thankful that we did have so much in common and that there were so many good times, laughing, crying, and laughing some more.  I will forever hold all of those memories deep inside my heart and can't wait until we can add to the list of memories in the future.  Remember, I am a work in progress girl and there is so much more that you need to work on...HA! HA!!!  And, the picture....ugh!  Yes, it was approved but I do need to get you some new ones.  

Again, thank you, thank you for making me smile again and I hope that your potato wedge was yummy.......and the cake!

Love ya lots,
Michelle