Monday, February 5, 2007

The Perfect Book

I'm not feeling top notch today. I've been taking medicine all day though, so the pain has been tolerable. I'll be seeing my doctor again on Wednesday.  He's going to switch my meds or up the dose until we decide my "game plan" and introduce me to my new doctor.  I'll also be getting the routine blood draw. 

John (the date) had mentioned a book store to me a few weeks previous, that I knew Dad would like.  Of course, being geographically challenged I couldn't really figure out where it was.  Each time I tried to get a better understanding of where it was located from John.  I fumbled on the directions to Dad. Well, Mom came home and told me they had found the bookstore. It is in a small little community called Willington. Population ~ 200 people! She had a brochure on the history of the community, the bookstores, and all the surrounding shops too.  The greatest gift she came home with however, was the book she bought for me titled  A Gift Of Time ~ By Susan Florence.

"Now is the time to stop and watch the sun's rays as they sparkle through the windows of our lives. Now is the time to listen to each other. Now is the time to talk about our deepest desires, to hold hands with each others dreams...to sahre the joy and sadness held within our lives. Now is the time to put aside the chatter of small things...and know that time is all we have. Now is the time to celebrate the small joys of this day...to notice the light and the shadows. It may be time to dance...It may be time to grieve...It may be time to remember...It may be time to regret. It may be time to forgive. It may be time to forget. Yesterday is always with us. Yet yesterday is always gone. Today can nourish us and inspire us like no other time.  Treasure the moments of the new dawn, of the dew on the lawn, of the sun's journey through the sky.  And after the crimson light has fallen...when only the lavende hue of first night remains, as the stars begin their ritual twinkle let our hearts touch and be full of thanks...this gift of time is all we have."

No coincidence that book was on the shelf....

Thanks Mom. I love it.  But you knew that before you even handed it to me!

This gift of time is all we have....

 

*** Please keep  Nathan ( who is home from the hospital, YEAH!!!), Ms Bobby (surgery is February 8th) , Father Steve, and Ms Pammy in your prayers. They are all fighting the battle with cancer too .

 

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Mom!
I love you!

How precious AND perfect!!!

I'm glad tomorrow you're going to the doctors.  I am too to get stitches out and see Dr. Grossman.  We'll talk tomorrow evening about our appts, K?

Praying constantly for you my best friend.

Love Always,
Your RED~
P.S. March isn't far away and I can NOT wait to see you!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Where have you been Red?? Messages unanswered??  That's my job!!  Ha ha!
I love you bunches! Give Izzy a rub for me!