Monday, February 19, 2007

A New Day

I woke up early today. It was to the tune of a bird singing.  I have to admit, it wasn't as fabulous as hearing my niece, Elle sing.  However, waking to the sounds of "life" makes me extremely happy.

The weekend was another great one!!!  Though staying on top of the pain killers and fuctioning is still a bit of a challenge!!

We had a Girl Scout meeting Saturday afternoon.  It was fabulous!  We learned about cooking, and measuring in the kitchen. Then we concocted a fruity spritzer drink, baked apples with cinammon and raisins, Brownie Soup, and Sloppy Joes.  The girls hardly lacked in participation and enjoyment.  Even making up the words to a few songs to go along with the foods we were trying!  In the end, even though the Sloppy Joe's had a little mustard for flavor, (ha! ha!) the Girl Scouts enjoyed their goodies and of course with the help of Ms Jay were VERY successful learning to follow directions with recipies and measuring!!  Make sure you check the pictures out!!!  Please forgive the quality of them.  I had forgotten my camera, so I used my camera phone.

John came to pick me up Saturday night.  I was exhausted BUT really looking forward to seeing him.  He's never empty handed when he arrives.  He got me a pot full of mini daisies.  Mom said she'll replant them at the new house.  He's very thoughtful!  The evening was a casual one.  Pizza and then movies back at the house.  I needed "casual" and pizza.  Ha ha.

My friend Leeann will be here today.  I haven't seen her in seven years.  At this moment, she's still in Alabama. She should be here by supper time!  YEAH!!!!

I'm going to finish this for now.  Hopefully, I'll return later to let you know about my evening.  If I don't, please remember what a blessing every waking moment is. 

Especially, the first one of a new morning. 

I love y'all very much!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

If this isyour first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should text me every morning and remind me the first moment is a blessing....because I always consider throwing my alarm clock (aka my phone) across the room in the wall, relishing while it smashes into 100000000 bits and pieces.

It's hard to wake up to Mondays and Wednesdays...I have class from 10:10 am to 9:30pm!

:-D  MISS YOU!!!