Sunday, February 4, 2007

Balance

Saturday was just great!!  124 boxes of girl scout cookies sold!! I can't take any of the credit!  I did however get to spend "girl time" with Julie, Ashley, Elise, and her Mom, Amy who is quite entertaining!!! It was windy and cold, but well worth it!!  Those girls are tooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!  Did I mention how much I love Julie and helping out with the Girl Scouts???!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

My date was also terrific!! The restaurant (Capri's) he picked was charming and quaint.  The food was fantastic.  He was a PERFECT gentlemen.  Again, he gave me a beautiful flower and held every door open for me.  He was full of conversation and compliments.  It was wonderful!!  After dinner, we went to see Night At The Museum with Ben Stiller. It was extremely entertaining!!!!!!!!  Shhhhhhhhh.....I even brought him home to meet Mom and Dad.  Ok, don't go getting all excited.  There was just a huge gap in between the movie and finishing dinner.  So, I decided to drop my car off.  That way he and I could be in one vehicle. I guess I should also mention this isn't Brian.  His name is John.  Born and raised here in South Carolina.  A good old country boy.  (If you want the deatils on Brian....you'll have to call me!!!!!!!!)  Anyway, John just seems to be an all around nice guy.  Per my mom.  :)  I agree.

I tucked in very happy....and woke up this morning around 10:00 am in a new kind of pain I was just not wanting to deal with. I took half a pain pill on an empty stomach struggling with what was going on....and let me tell you I wasn't exactly sure what was going on.  My legs were shaking and they had sharp sensations shooting through them and my back...I can't even describe that pain.  I stayed in bed for almost two hours hoping the pill would kick in and I would fall asleep.  It didn't happen though. I was kitchen bound.  My logic was if I ate something, I could tolerate more pain meds. I ate cereal quickly. Walking back to my room was extremely difficult. I finally took a full pill. I climbed into bed. I called my doctor and left a message. I called Pam and cried. She let me cry, like she always does. She told me that if she could take it away from me she would.  I knew she meant that with all her heart and soul. I asked her if God thought I forgot I had cancer, yesterday was so perfect (so he had to go pushing my pain buttons)...we both laughed.  And then my little light bulb came on...as it always does. There are good days and bad days.  The happiness and sorrow.  Without one you can't possibly know the other...so you have to be thankful for the balance of both in your life. I know I am.

I slept through the first half of the Superbowl.  I don't stay awake so well on all these pain meds.  I did enjoy Prince at half time though and I saw the rest of the game after that!! 

I also had some good chicken wings!!!!! 

I need to get comfy and try to tuck in now!!!

I love y'all so much!!!!!!

 

*** Please keep  Nathan, Ms Bobby, Father Steve, and Ms Pammy in your prayers. They are all fighting the battle with cancer too .

 

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

No comments: