Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Who Would Have Guessed THAT Was In There?!!!!!!

  Pamela ~ I couldn't find any decent pictures of a uterus!  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Did I at least spell it correctly!?!!!!!!!  Ok, I'll stop with the jokes.

I did see the doctor today for test results and findings.  Boy, oh boy did he find!! 

Here's the news.  I still have Stage IV Ovarian Cancer. :) For all those that don't know, the "other" cancer in my body is metastatic cancer. The tumor, the lungs...it all "spread" from the Ovarian Cancer. Now, let me continue. As I said yesterday, there is no progression in the lung cancer.  However, the coughing is from the cancer.  One of the symptoms of Ovarian Cancer progressed is shortness of breathe and a persistant cough!  The pain is from the tumor in my spine. The tumor will be biopsied and staged August 2nd.  It is inoperable because of it's size. The weight loss is from the cancer, as is the throwing up...it is EXTREMELY unhappy in this stomach of mine.   

The treatment my oncologist is recommending is called Biological Therapy

What is biological therapy?

Biological therapy (BYE-o-loj-ee-cal THER-ah-py) is a type of treatment that works with your immune system. It can help fight cancer or help control side effects (how your body reacts to the drugs you are taking) from other cancer treatments like chemotherapy.

What is the difference between biological therapy and chemotherapy?

Biological therapy and chemotherapy are both treatments that fight cancer. While they may seem alike, they work in different ways. Biological therapy helps your immune system fight cancer. Chemotherapy attacks the cancer cells directly.

How does biological therapy fight cancer?

Doctors are not sure how biological therapy helps your immune system fight cancer. But they think it may:

  • Stop or slow the growth of cancer cells.
  • Make it easier for your immune system to destroy, or get rid of, cancer cells.
  • Keep cancer from spreading to other parts of your body.

The side effects include nausea, flu like symptoms, a rash and low blood pressure.  My oncologist will speak to my cardiologist for the ok.  My blood pressure is low now.  Any lower, and I just might fall over and not get back up!

So, there you have it!  Questions?  Concerns??  Y'all know my parents phone number right???!!!!!!  Direct all of that to my mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone that read my entry on Monday, July 16th...and you're wondering who Stephen is.  That's the man in my life.  I didn't meet him recently.  He was actually the guy I was dating before I moved to South Carolina.  The break up was difficult for us both BUT at that point it had to happen. We did keep in touch on and off however, somewhere between the last hospital stay and my birthday we decided to start over.  The starting over part has been AMAZING to say the least.  He's fabulous and to quote what he said..."we've both seen the err of our ways."  Yes, Mom and Dad have met him...and so has Pamela.

I'm going to tuck in now.

Barbie ~ Make sure you read the entry before this one!!!!!!!

I sure love y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

*** Please say prayers for My Aunt Gloria (she's at home now.), Nathan (They didn't "get it all".), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission), Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back tomy first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never said what he found?!  Did you leave it out intentionally?  Call me later.

I love you, sister.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I'm here & praying for you my friend.
Hugs from Missouri,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Oh I love hearing about Stephen!  What great news!! *clapping*
It was meant to be my dear and I remember seeing how happy and glowing you were when you were up here with him.  *melting heart*  I'm thrilled!

What was in there?
Glad to hear the tumor hasn't changed and it sounds as if he's got a great plan.
Have you decided to go with this therapy?
Gimme a shout when you can!
I LOVE YOU MUCH MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY!

<3
RED

Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine!  I am so glad to hear that the NEW doctor has NEW ideas!  I really like the doctor's down there.......they take good care of my princess!  I hope that today brought you comfort and happiness...........can't wait to see you!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I love that you have this journal.  At any moment at any time anyone may leave a comment or two.

I'd like to say
I am thinking of you, just said a prayer and I love you.

I hope you're sleeping well, snug as a bug in a rug, breathing with ease.

With an abundance of God's love,
Your ~RED~

Anonymous said...

You never did say what he found...however, I have the "inside" scoop (haha) from your sis!  I won't spill the beans that they found an alien inside!!  Ooops!  Take care and I am glad to hear about your new/old beau!   --MN

Anonymous said...

That's for explaining all that now I know why people feel overwhelmed. It's really all Greek to me. I'm so happy that you are back with someone and understand what time you have lost together.
Take care, Chrissie