Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Playing Cards

Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold, well. 

~ Josh Billings                    

             

For the most part, I believe I play my cards well.  Of course, there's that one card.  It's my cancer card.  Realize, it's a very powerful card.  It can scare people into thinking it's actually contagious.  It can turn one prayer into one million.  The cancer card can make you hit absolute rock bottom.  It can also renew your faith in God.  The cancer card has to be played accordingly...just right. However, the problem with that is...no one has ever explained the rules.  So, I tuck my cancer card back into my hand. I play it the best I can and I go on believing no matter what, I've won the game.

 

I love y'all.  Good night.

 

PS ~ Michelle....leave a comment please.  I need to redeem myself and show ya some love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ha ha.

 

*** Please say prayers for My Aunt Gloria and our family, Nathan (He's Home!!!), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You continue to amaze me my friend!  You are the best and you play your hands well!  Nobody can beat you!  The problem is, not all of us handle your pain and suffering and the reality of the cancer with such grace.  Some of let you be you, others expect you to make it ok for them, and some just can't and won't deal at all.  Unfortunately just like the cancer...........you can't control that, you can just continue to play your cards like you have and win you hit the jackpot, we are all here to cheer!!!!  You are amazing and such an inspiration to us all.....continue to do whatever YOU need to do to get through this journey and the cheering section will be behind you 100% with arms wide open to help you along the way.

I love you!!!!!

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Michelle ~ Who would have ever thought we'd grow to have such a wonderful friendship!!  Thank you for saying all that.  YOU KNOW I appreciate it.  I miss you and I love you more than you know!!  The Princess

Anonymous said...

Definately not Tyrone!!!!  LOL!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing loudly at that comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Food for thought:

Magic tricks using cards. I am forced to believe you and God are constantly fooling each other when it comes to showing them off. You play the cancer card well Keemosabee (yea, I butchered it but you get it.)

Wax on, wax off.

I swear I'm not drunk. I just have a disturbing sense of humor.

i LoVe YoU!!!!!!

~FC~

Anonymous said...

Helmet Boy says you are very good at playing cards!

Anonymous said...

Jules ~ Tell helmet boy I'm not talking about UNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  DUH!! xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

FC ~ Seriously are you still in Paris??????????? I miss you and love you!