Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sunny Days Sure Do Help!

It felt good to get out of the house today for something other than a doctor's appointment.  Julie hosted an "unofficial" Girl Scout birthday bash.  Almost every single one of our girls has a June birthday...including me!  :)  They enjoyed cupcakes, gifts and plenty of swimming.  The weather was perfect for a pool party!! 

Julie and I sat in the sun catching up.  She listened to me complain.  I think I mentioned something about being unbearable and hateful these last few days.  :)    I'm sure I'll snap out of it.  It would just be nice if I could keep some food down and stop hurting.  I realize I can't control it or change it.  However, sometimes...I really want to.  Yes, I know...that goes against all my preaching of live in the moment!!!!!

I was thinking though...if Julie's little one, Jonathan keeps hugging on me...I'm sure I'll start to feel much, much better!

It looks like I'll be in DC in August.  I'm not giving the dates just yet.  I don't want to jinx myself!

I'm going to try to tuck in and get some sleep.

I sure do love y'all.

Welcome home FC & JT.

Travel safely Browning's and MN and family !!  Have a FABULOUS time!!!!!!!!!!

 

*** Please say prayers for My Aunt Gloria (she's at home now.), Nathan (They didn't "get it all".), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission), Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back tomy first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a good day. I hope you have fun in DC.
I found the link to your journal from Sugar.
Best wishes
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I must've caught you before tuck in...Stained Glass.... pizza...Sopranos...Miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

Completely radiant.  Beautiful in every sense of the word.
I love you dear friend.  I love everything about you.
I love you more today than yesterday and more tomorrow for sure.
Sounds like you had a great day!!  I need to meet this Julie ya know :o)  She's super special to you and to me for being so great for you!!
Love Always
RED

Anonymous said...

THANKS FC!!!! Good to be home? Eh...

LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

:)  Happy you had a nice time & a lovely day!
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I know back when, Stephen lighted up your life!  I am glad you two have decided to start over.....Stephen be more than could to our "PRINCESS'! She is a sparkling gem!!!!!!Love U Princess!!!!!!!Pammy

Anonymous said...

Hey sorry that word is good and not could....must be the wine....

Anonymous said...

Hi there!  Glad you got your butt up and out of the house......THANKS JULIE!!!!!!  But, looking at the picture.........you need more sun!  HA! HA!!!!!  Can't wait to see you!  I want to talk to you b/f I leave for Texas at the crack of dawn on Tuesday!

Have another good day........and then another!  I love you!

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Try vanilla shakes. They helped me so much when doing chemo. Most days a vanilla shake was my meal for the day, but it kept me nourished. also cream of chicken soups helped alot. I love your pic, you are beautiful. (((((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are sick and I'm sure it was nice getting out of the house for a little bit. Happy that the day was perfect for swimming and the sun shining. Prayers to you and everyone else.

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful that you got out and enjoyed yourself. Small children always have a way of making you forget everything bad in your life.
Take care, Chrissie