Monday, July 16, 2007

Believe In Miracles

The new oncologist is GREAT and extremely thorough!  He started at the VERY beginning with me.  Meaning, the basics.  Blood work, scans and reviewing all the medical records so he can put all the pieces together. What he's trying to "figure out"...where the cough is coming from, why I am bleeding so much, why so much pain and why the rapid weight loss. (I'm loosing about a pound a day).  Basically, has the cancer spread!??!!!!!!!!

I will be getting Procrit injections once a week.  Procrit stimulates red blood cell count.  This will help me for two reasons:                                                                                                   

1)  The more red blood cells I have, the better the transfer of oxygen to my lungs.                                                                           

 2) It will help with the draggy, exhausted feeling.  More energy!  YEA!!

He took me off one of my heart medications.  He said that drug often causes a dry nagging cough.  So, he actually thinks the cough has NOTHING to do with the lungs!!  Another, YEA!!

Ohhhh but here's THE BEST YEA yet!!!  There has been no progression with the lung cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  NONE!  NONE! NONE!!  Happy dance, happy dance.  He called about an hour ago to give me that FABULOUS news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow, I will see him again for more blood work and to go over his findings. 

  I want to give a HUGE thanks to Sugar.  Thank you for lifting me up in prayer every single day. And thank you for sending your friends my way to pray for me and share in this amazing journey.

Thank you to all my friends and family. Not just for the supportive comments in my journal BUT for all the prayers.  PLEASE, PLEASE keep them both coming!!  Did I say please????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A BIG hello to Caroline and Jacob.  I love y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxox

Stephen ~ You're doing great!!!  Thanks for coming back.  I love you more today then yesterday.

For anyone that doesn't believe in miracles....BELIEVE!! BELIEVE!!  BELIEVE!!!

I AM A WALKING MIRACLE!!!  Thank you God.  :)

I'm closing this one for now!  If you want to see me up close and personal, click on one of those pictures above!

I love y'all!

 

*** Please say prayers for My Aunt Gloria (she's back in the hospital), Nathan (They didn't "get it all".), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY on the good news, & maybe he can find results for the other problems!!!! Keeping you in prayer. {{ }}
Don't forget to visit my Tag Journal & get some tags, I have lots with Believe, faith, courage, survivir, cancer, etc...so check them out.
Hugs for you my friend.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I really like this new man in your life even if he is an oncologist! Hee Hee! You needed good news and encouragement today.

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful that your reports are improving.  That is such great news!  I have been so busy here and I must apologize for not writing more often.  We have had so much rain and LOTS of flooding here.  Nearly all creeks, rivers, lakes, ponds, etc. are out of their banks.  Mosquitoes are horrid!  The City of Tulsa reported that their spraying trucks are out of service due to the rain also.  They also said that there is so much water that the mosquito sprays could not do their job until it stops raining for a while.  Keep in touch and know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Love you sweet Princess Irene ~ Sunnie

Anonymous said...

Prayers work! YAY YAY!  Prayers to continue forever for you my dear Reeknee!
You will continue on the prayer list at church.
I love you more today than yesterday and more tomorrow.
I am pleased with such a great report!  I've been waiting all day to hear or read about your appointment.  Thank you for posting something for us!!
Keep us posted tomorrow about his findings.
That Dr better know he's got a VERY special patient under his care now.
~big hugs~
Your RED

Anonymous said...

yep so happy sugar sent me to your journal. I'm so happy for all the good news. Hope it only get's better. Prayers to you and your aunt.

Anonymous said...

A comment has been posted to the Journal:
Meet Me At The Breakfast Table

Comment from: teasok
"You are a very special person. You were speacial as a child and as an adult you make us all very proud of who you are and what you have accomplished.  Your sensitivity to those around you is incredible and very much noticed.  Your prayers and wishes for others is what it is all about.  You know they are saying special prayers for you.  Lenore is very touched by your remembering her battle and wishes you well.  Thanks for being you.  Thanks for making us a part of your life.
Aunt Tania "

Anonymous said...

i am so happy to see this entry!! YAY! i almost cried reading it. i love you, please stay well.

FC

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Look at all those happy comments.  God has truly been glorified through your battle with cancer.  So many have seen his light through you.  Thank you for shining.
I love you sister.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear good news for a change.  It is always a blessing when someone is making progress against cancer.  And nobody has a better attitude than you.  I will keep u in my prayers.   Love Sherri

Anonymous said...

That was great news.
Take care, Chrissie