Monday, July 30, 2007

For Today

 Thank you Dad for the sausage and cheese balls.  Other than grapes, it's the only food I can eat.  Two in the morning for breakfast!  That's why my sister commented about eating foods shaped like spheres!

Thank you Mom for saying everything and nothing all at the same time.  I'm sorry you have to shut my door so often.  At least, the dog still wants to hang out with me when I'm tossing cookies!

Julie the cards made me cry, of course. I am unbelievably grateful for your friendship. I love you bunches. Mom said she met Lucky.  He didn't sit on HER LAP though!!!!!!!! Ohhh and by the way that song is called Wish Upon A Dog Star.  I'll explain it, later!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle thank you for letting me unleash today.  I felt much better after I said everything out loud.  I miss you and I cannot wait to see you.

S.B. ~ thank you for crying with me.  Plain and simple....I love you.

I've been reading Chicken Soup For The Surviving Soul.  I want to share one of my favorites.  Though there were 50 Things I've Learned Along The Way listed.  I picked what I felt mostly applied to my lessons.

* I've learned a patient doesn't just get cancer.  The entire family does.

* I've learned that helping people see the "gift of cancer" is a blessing.

* I've learned that healing the spirit is as important as healing the body.

* I've learned that hospital food MUST be a punishment for sins in a previous life!

* I've learned that your body believes everything you tell it.

* I've learned that timeflies whether you are having fun or not.

* I've learned that reality is what it is, and not what I want it to be.

* I've learned there is a HUGE difference between a major episode and a minor event.

* I've learned that if I don't celebrate the exquisiteness of each day, I've lost something I'll never get back.

* I've learned that grief has no rules.

* I've learned that no one promises us tomorrow.

* I've learned without a sense of humor, I might as well cash in my cards.

I'm exhausted and still in pain.  Coughing and not keeping food down, status quo.  No more bleeding...but shhhhhhhh I am afraid if I say it too loudly I'll jinx myself!

I am going to tuck in now.  Pamela if you are awake, please call me.

I love y'all tons.  Please keep the prayers and comments coming!

 

*** Please say prayers for my family.

*** Please say prayers for Nathan (They didn't "get it all".), Ms Bobby (she started radiation), Mr. Russo, Ms Pammy (recovering from surgery.), LenoreTrish, David Carey, Sugar, Cindy (She's in remission), Tammy (she's in remission) and Jeannette. They are fighting the battle with cancer too .

*** Please say prayers for Jay Carey and his family.  He is in Iraq, fighting the war.

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

my prayers to you and everyone. I sure hope you feel better soon.  It's good to have great friends and family to help you through this time.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers.
Several of the things you listed really hit home for me too. I am glad you shared them.
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you have family around, & friends to help you through all this.
Know that altho we are far apart & have never met, I have you in my thoughts & prayers.
Hugs to you,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers and thoughts from my heart...

Some of those lessons learned brought tears to my eyes.  Thank you for sharing.

Sleep well and dream sweet!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I love Billy Joel.

~FC~

Anonymous said...

My my my what a bunch of night owls! Missed you last night my friend but had a wonderful conversation and equally wonderful glass of wine! (must get the name of it so I can drink more!) Keep doing what you need to do but just remember that when you are down and out we are still here both in blog world and in your world! Love you tons! Have a good day today - I will be thinking about you! Love Julie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the lessons..they are so right on..
have a GOOd day today...
Sausage balls and grapes..there are worse combinations..;-)
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I hope you rested to well.  It was wonderful to hear your voice and chat for a while before falling asleep.  Aren't sisters the best?  I can't wait 'til staurday.  The kids are excited.

I love you so much!

P.S.`Can you get me the sausage and cheese ball recipe?  I need to be able to take care of you.

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well!  You still AMAZE me each day!  The lessons that you shared are all so true!  Did I tell you, I met Jack Canfield last year?  He is AWESOME!  Without his inspiring words in his books, I wouldn't be where I am today so I have no doubt that the Chicken Soup for the Survivor's Soul will absolutely help you as well.  No thanks necessary for the call today.  I miss those calls......I worry about you when you don't make those calls.  As I said yesterday, I will send it again.......let us be your strength until you rest up.  You don't need to carry any of us.  We ALL need to find our comforts to get through this and just as we are here for you, we will all find comfort together.  I know that this isn't fun anymore (not that it ever was), but YOU need to do whatever makes you happy, laugh and enjoy whats down this road of your journey.................PLEASE LISTEN AND DO IT!!!!!!

I love you so much and CAN'T WAIT to see your smiling face and give you BIG HUGS!!!!!!!  Guess a drunken bash is out of the question??????

More hugs and prayers...............Michelle

Anonymous said...

REEN BEAN!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!

I love Pam's idea.
Please forward the recipe to us, and like discussed today if apple sauce works I'll make that homemade myself instead of all the sugar, etc they put in it at the store!
We'll take extra special care of you *High Five*  Great idea Pam!!

I love you Reen, I can't wait to hold you and hug you....

Love Always,
Your RED & Izzy

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to add that you and I have the SAME likes in music.

Allentown is one of my favorite Billy Joel songs!!  You amazes me every day!

"....and we're living here in allentown, where they're closing all the factories down, and I won't be getting up today......"

Such a great TRUE song! *clapping*  I love your music selections!!! Woo Hoo!

I love you more now with the music...*laughing my butt off*

~RED~

Anonymous said...

I hope by the time you read this that you are feeling a little better and able to eat just a bit more...:-)
God bless you and keep you safe, I am praying for you.
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I love your things you've learned along the way. Beautiful! I will keep you and all that you have listed in my prayers. Many hugs to you. :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome things that apply to everyone. I saw a few I need to pay attention to myself. I love that you and your sister are so close. I have two older sisters that I would be lost without. My two daughters are very close also. Way to go Dad on the cooking. Sorry you're so sick. Hope you feel better soon.
Take care, Chrissie
http://journals.aol.com/nay0114/almost-paradise-ii/