Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Facts

I do think about dying.

I think about living, far more.

I like to make jokes about my cancer.

It helps me cope.

Belly laughter is the best.

Being too serious makes me crazy.

I cry, but usually late at night in the dark.

I have bad days.

I rarely let anyone know it.

I do still wonder why me sometimes.

I'm stubborn.

I'm a night owl.

I sleep late.

There are still phone rules. Ha ha.

I have a phone list for when and if that day comes.

I want my funeral to be a huge celebration.

I don't want anyone wearing black.

My family and friends are amazing.

I need my family and friends.

I  worry about my family and my friends worrying about me.

I want to get married and have a family.

I'm a little scared of starting radiation, or not.

I don't like to be called "sick".

I really don't like being treated that way either.

I need to be touched when I'm in pain.

I need to be distracted when I'm in pain.

I usually get choked up when people hug me.

Jelly Belly's and Mike & Ike's are my favorites.

Pizza and crabs too.

Peppermint tea still helps my upset tummy.

Taking my meds works best.

I love talking on the phone and answering emails.

Feeling the sun on my face relaxes me.

Being active makes me feel better.

Music sets me at ease.

Singing does too.

Prayers help.

Children inspire me.

My cancer inspires me to write.

My cancer reminds me how precious my life is.

 

"No matter how I die or the  circumstances of my death...I am sure that I will leave this earth the way Isaiah descibes.

The mountains and hills will burst forth in song before you! And all the trees of the field will clap their hands."

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the facts. You are such an inspiration.
~ Gracie

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the way you write.  I love you sister!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!  You are so amazing.  Keep up your spirit and don't worry about anything.  You will do amazingly well no matter what you decide to do.  Know that you are a great strength for everyone and that you are the sunshine to us all.  What more could we ask for?  Other than to have you near!

Love always,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wow.  I could say you are an insipration, etc., however, I too try to make light of things becuse I don't consider that ignoring them--I consider it a less serious way of taking life.  Some people don't like that (and granted, I can cross the line between sarcasm and being inappropriate) but I do what works for me.  If people don't get it, I don't care.  You seem to feel the same.  We're so stubborn--how wonderful.

Big weekend for partying...first weekend back at State with Tom coming up---finally get to hit the bars for real up here!  I'll take a few shots for you (even though a few shots also means snuggling up with the toilet tonight!)

Love you!!!
Rach

PS--just for the record, you are an inspiration.  I just wish EVERYONE would see life the way you do.

Anonymous said...

I cried when I read all the comments. I love y'all so much and being called an inspiration is humbling. Thank you is understatement.

Anonymous said...

Pamela I know I told you this already...anything you write to me makes me cry.
I love you Sister!