Thursday, January 25, 2007

Tears and Prayers

I didn't sleep so well last night.  Matter of fact, I cried for a good portion of what should have been my sleep time. I'm not exactly sure what triggered it.  Other than me being emotional and scared and frustrated. Ha! I suppose that's enough to bring on tears! It carried into today also.  Something I am sure all the people on the road appreciated while I was driving to have the scan done!!

I put my new prayer box charm on before I left to see my doctor. It has angels on all four sides. There isn't a prayer in it yet though.  However, I'm not so sure that matters considering who it came from and all the prayers that are being said for me anyway.  I like that.  :)

I called my very first oncologist after the PET scan was completed.  Not because of the results. For security maybe, reassurance, or in hopes that he would say some different to me then I've been hearing.  He never tells me what I want to hear though.  That's why I love him so much!

Blood results will be back tomorrow. The PET scan hasn't been read by the radiologist yet. So obviously my oncologist doesn't know the results either.  Hopefully, we'll know tomorrow as well.

I'll try to write more later. Until then, know how much I love and appreciate y'all!!

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you! You are in my prayers always. Radiologists and doctors have to be the slowest people on the face of the earth!!!!! Don't they know we don't sleep, eat, or think of anything else until we get the results?! DUH!!! I will pray that you have a rested mind and body tonight and that God comforts you so that you may sleep well. There is nothing like a good night's sleep before tackling another day.

Anonymous said...

DEAR RENE,

OUR LOVE AND OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALWAYS.  YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO ALL OF US.  KEEP US POSTED.
ALL OUR LOVE, AUNT GLORIA & UNCLE GRAVY

Anonymous said...

Aunt Gloria & Uncle Gravy ~

Thank you so much.  I love y'all. The ship is still awaiting you!!!

Your Niece

Anonymous said...

Julie ~

Have I told you how wonderful you are?!  Thank you so much.  I can't wait to see you tomorrow...and don't forget I need a raincheck on the slush!

Love & Hugs,
Irene

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Josh Groban and when I heard this song on the radio I got goose bumps.
It is as if he wrote and sang this song just to reach inside my soul and heart to let me know "It's okay you ARE loved".  As you know something I feel as if I don't deserve or know truly what is means to be loved from my past experiences.

I would like to share this with you too.  Days we hurt, days we don't, but no matter what you ARE loved, Irene.  Life certainly throws us curves balls we didn't even see comin'.  But regardless, love and happiness will pull us through.  Money isn't the answer, fame is no where near what is needed.  Love, God, Respect, Happiness, True Friendships....we will conquer!

You are SO loved by Red~
**************************************************************
Josh Groban - You Are Loved

Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
When you're heart's heavy
I, I will lift it for you
Don't give up
Because you want to be heard
If silence keeps you
I, I will break it for you
Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved
Don't give up
It's just the hurt that you hide
When you're lost inside
I, I'll be there to find you
Don't give up
Because you want to burn bright
If darkness blinds you
I, I will shine to guide you
Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved
You are loved
Aaaah
Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
Don't give up
Everyone needs to be heard
You are loved

Anonymous said...

Red ~
I just saw the words to this song. I don't know how I missed it. Thank you. You friendship is a true blessing in my life.  I love you a million times over!!

ReeeeeeeeeeKneeeeeeeeeeee