Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Dating Scene

No laughing. I went out on a terrific, fun date Sunday night. Normally, I wouldn't sit and journal this to the "public".  However, I am because dating doesn't come so easy when you have a deck of cards like mine!  Now, I am saying all of this in good humor.  I don't want a pity party, seriously!!  But God knows something your blind date doesn't want to hear is...."well I have cancer". Initially, I struggled with how to tell guys I have cancer...at what point to tell them.  I decided the only fair way, is to share my "saga" up front.  That way, if the guy wants to take off running in the beginning...he can.  I must tell you though, so far so good.  He didn't lace up his Nike's.  He didn't look at me like I was crazy when I said I lived with my parents. He did ask me if there was a chance I could get really sick and die soon.  I told him there was a chance that could happen much sooner than later. Of course, as the words are coming out of mouth I'm thinking to myself...scratch a second date. His reply was great!!!  Telling me he could get hit in his truck at the blink of an eye and die tomorrow too.  Yes, yes exactly!  Fabulous response!  I can't ask for more than that!

I'm off to bed.  Notice the time.  It's early for me!!  I love y'all!!

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 explaining the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay good date!  You must keep me posted!!!  

Anonymous said...

A date?  What's that???  I am glad that you enjoyed yourself and hope that this one turns out to be all he's cracked up to be when you get to know him better.  When I grow up, can I be like you?  All jokes aside, I am happy for you and wish you well because GOD knows you deserve all the happiness in this world!

Keep me posted:-)
Love and miss ya,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I'll keep everyone posted!!!!!!!!! I'm excited.  Your turn Michelle!!