Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Random Thoughts ~

(I wrote this much earlier today and for some reason it never posted!!!!!!!)

It is chilly and the wind is blowing. I keep making hot tea hoping to feel warmer. Mom laughs at me. She says it used to be I always wanted a fan on because I was hot. Now I’m usually cold. "Must be the cancer" she says. Must be. Ha ha.

My mother started school today at Clemson. She is going to be a Master Gardener. For all of you that know her, you really aren't surprised by this. I asked her if she wanted me to pack her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. She declined. I asked her who was carrying her books to school. My father with a very serious look on his face says to me "that’s why I’m driving her there". Oh they were too cute. You'll be glad to know she not only survived her first day...she LOVED it!

My oncologist has decided to practice only surgical oncology now. He promised me he wouldn't just throw me to the lions. But "give" me to another doctor who could handle me just as well. I can’t say I am not disappointed. Back to the basics again.

My sister sent me an email yesterday that made me cry. It was only about six sentences long. Six incredibly meaningful loving sentences. It’s funny because immediately when I began typing back to her I had to gain my composure to stop my tears. When I spoke to her later in the evening, we laughed as we both said we would file the emails under "never read again". I miss her.

Starting next Saturday, I'll be helping with my friend Julie’s girl scout troop. I am extremely excited about it. I love children. As if you didn't know!! Julie has a daughter named Ashley. Ashley is a true miracle child. No doubt in my mind our paths were meant to cross!

I’m feeling amazingly blessed by my family and friends. I cannot tell each of you enough how much I appreciate you coming here to read and support and love me.

Please continue to say prayers for Nathan and his family too. They have some big decisions to make regarding his cancer. Besides that, Nathan would like to see some snow soon!

 

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!


 

No comments: