Friday, November 30, 2007

Traffic Filled Afternoon, Late Night.

Hi everyone!  I hope you're still smiling from your Thanksgiving memories and eating leftovers!!  (If you like them!)

David (my brother in law) came back home today.  He was in Utah having discussions about F-16's.  Don't ask me, I know nothing!  The kids were thrilled, my sister as well.

Daniel (nephew) had a private gymnastics lesson today (Friday) at 4:30 pm.  He has an "in house" gymnastics meet to prepare for tomorrow  (Saturday, today really since this will post after midnight).  We left in enough time to get there.  However, traffic was unbelievable.  Believe me when I tell you, that kid could have run to his class and gotten there quicker then the speed we were driving.  Needless to say, he only got 25 minutes worth of that lesson and off we were again into the traffic.
Destination...Olney, MD.  David's parents invited us all over for dinner.  My parents are in town for the weekend and staying with them. (We will all be attending Daniel's "meet' and Sarah's (my oldest niece) riding show on Sunday.)  We got into Olney at 7:00 pm.  We left Bowie, at 5:30 pm.  We basically spent three hours in the Suburban...so what did we do for entertainment you ask?!!!!  We sang Christmas carols !!!!!!!!  Don't be a scrooge...it IS NOT too early to sing them!

Dinner was great.  Not only the food, the company.  David's parents were family way before my sister and him were married.  After all, Pamela and Dave were high school sweethearts.  Being in their home always brings warm fuzzies.

Yesterday, I spent the day with Stephen and his buddy from college.  The evening left me with laundry to catch up on, and I made rice (as requested) to complete the yummy dinner my sister had already started in a crock pot before she began her running around for the afternoon and evening.  Before bed time never seems to leave a dull moment.  I love those kids more than I could ever express.  They are smart and silly and unique and loving.  That's just for starters!

This cough is never going away.  Sweater weather isn't so bad.  Life of course, is good.  I can't complain.

Five grateful's before tuck in:
* Family
* Songs to sing
* Patience
* Sweaters
* Home made cake.

Sweet dreams.  I love y'all.

Please Say Prayers For:

Nathan ~ he's  starting chemo again Moday. * Prayer for Dawn ~ Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. * Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. * Cindy ~ she's in remission!! * Tammy she's in remission!!  * Momma Joyce ~ she had a successful surgery and is home recovering. * Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  * Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous family time for all!  I love to sing Christmas carols in the car!  What fun!  Enjoy your visit!!!!!

Prayers coming for you, Warrior gal!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOOU)))))))))))))))))I am glad you had a good time.No,its not early to sing Christmas songs.Mom and I have the reido set in the car to the all day Christmas station.Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun time for all. hope you have a great weekend. (((hugs)))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

It all sounds delightful!!  Well, except for the cough.  I despise coughs that just hang on.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I hope the cough clears up soon and you're having a good weekend.
Lori