Saturday, November 24, 2007

Extraordinary

It always seems like time flies, but believe me when I say the time was hardly taken for granted!  Thanksgiving and the weekend was absolutely fabulous.  I am beyond grateful that my family traveled to Anderson to share the holiday.  I don't even know where to start!  Oh wait, yes I do.  I peeled 22 potatoes and made the best mashed 'taters EVER!!  Ask anyone who attended! (Laughing...)

In total it was 16 of us. Me, Mom, Dad, The Browning Five, Uncle Gravy, Uncle Don, Aunt Arlene, Cousins Marsha, Lance, Alan, Jesse and Elan.  (I can't forget the three dogs: Cassie, Georgia and Max.)  All the food was GREAT. Not to mention the desserts which were to die for. The "company" was what made the meal however! 

I'll preface this next part by telling y'all that Dad, Uncle Don and Uncle Gravy have been buddies since way back when.  As soon as they began reminiscing and telling stories, it was all giggles and laughter.  At some point, the "three musketeers" were left alone at the dinning room table.  I don't know how long they sat there carrying on.  I do know that I watched and listened for a bit from the kitchen.  For me, it was a very touching moment.  I imagine for them it was special as well.  Friendships like that, are irreplaceable.  I know they would agree.

Other note worthy happenings: It took Marsha and family 16 hours to drive to us from Philly, Uncle Don got lost again...and again...and yet again, the adults were all able to cram in at the dinning room table, Marsha stuck a burning candle in Lance's ear, Elan filmed it, Alan ate dessert (apparently this is very rare), Mom let us throw dinner rolls across the table, Daniel had a fever, Pamela broke her finger, we all went to the new house and sat on the deck until we couldn't take the chill any longer, (I'm sure there's more, my brain is falling asleep!!)

I think all of us would agree we don't spend nearly enough time together. "Life" occupies us with responsibilities, busy schedules, appointments and unexpected events.  Ironically, that is also what slows us down.  With that said, Aunt Gloria was missed terribly. Though she wasn't with us physically...I know she was watching over us anyway.

Tomorrow, I'm off to DC with Pamela and company. Just before the new year, she will deliver me back to South Carolina.  We will all ring in the new year together!!!

My family is extraordinary. I'm so very blessed. Please tell me some stories about YOUR Thanksgiving....

I must finish packing and go tuck in.  I love y'all.  Thank you for continuing this journey with me.

 

Please Say Prayers For:

Aunt Tania and Uncle Jerry * Nathan ~ he's starting treatment again and is back in the hospital * Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. * MsPammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. * Cindy ~ she's in remission!! * Tammy she's in remission!!  * Momma Joyce ~ she had a successful surgery and is home recovering. * Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  * Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please continue to pray for John, he is neutropenic right now (no immune system), has been in the hospital for a day, and has had a fever for about a day between 103 and 104 degrees, even when full of Tylenol.  Here is a link to my entry:

http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink/entries/2007/11/25/john-has-been-having-fevers-between-103-and-104/1459

Thanks Irene.  Krissy

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you had a good thanksgiving and everyone was able to make it.....as soon as Tom and I get a house everyone is coming here! We had a fabulous dinner with my family. Thanksgiving itself was just all right...I'm glad I'm close with Tara. :) Call me FC! I will be in from Wednesday the 5th until Sunday the 9th....we have to figure something out! I do know we won't be able to come down because Tom has finals around that time and I know he won't be able to take the time to drive. Get your butt up here!! LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Loved reading your entry.  If I could close my eyes, I could almost hear all the carrying on and laughter, which must of been very much part of your celebration.  I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with family!  I'll wave at you as you come through DC!  I work nearby (grin)!  

Anonymous said...

Extra-ordinary is indeed a fitting heading for your account of Thanksgiving with your family, Irene. Very pleased for you :-)

Anonymous said...

such a nice thanksgiving you had. i loved reading all about it. (((hugs)))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))))))I am glad you had a ncie Thabnksgiving.Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thanksgiving!

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you.... Prayers and hugs on the way....

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good one filled full with family!!  -   Barbara

Anonymous said...

So happy your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Enjoy your trip.
Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

WOW!
What an amazing Thanksgiving story!  I love your entries.
Icky on Stephen's fever, please tell me RED wishes him well wishes, hugs and kisses!
Too much to write here, we must talk this week.
I love you and glad you're in town.
Give me a ring, I'd love to see you as always.
Did I read you're here until like New Years?  OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.
CALL ME MUST TALK.
Loving you endlessly,
Your RED
P.S. I toldcha 'bout the new hair, right? =)~
Charlie just asked who I was typing too since we just got home an hour ago from the airport and I said "DUH my REEN"..he said "Oh how's she doing" I enlightened him for a minute about your fabulous Thanksgiving and that you were in town, and he said "So how many nights do I babysit?".>>LMAO<<...shall we make it an all nighter AGAIN? ;o)