Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Furniture, Food and Five Grateful's

Where to start...I've been taking prednisone for the last two days.  It's a wonder drug of sorts.  Well, it doesn't cure cancer obviously but it sure does make lots of other ailments better!  Anyway, in my feeling better mode I decided I had LOTS of energy.  I rearranged the furniture in my room and...this is a big and... I moved my 33 inch television all by myself to the garage.  I didn't carry it.  I sort of dragged it. (The color tube blew so it's of no use.)  Let me tell ya though, not such a smart idea.  I am paying for it now.  My back is on fire.  I've taken an Oxycontin to remedy the pain.  This should be interesting!  Forgive me if this entry turns into babble!!!  Laughing....

Tomorrow morning, we should know if I poisoned Mom and Dad.  I cooked dinner tonight for all of us!!  Baked chicken with this yummy sauce, mac and cheese, stewed apples with cinnamon, coleslaw and broccoli and carrots.  Not to pat myself on the back BUT it was good.  Shhhhhh don't tell...I'm starting to enjoy this cooking stuff!!  :) 

I noticed in my comments I have a few new readers.  WELCOME and thanks for joining my AMAZING friends and family here.  If you also have an AOL journal PLEASE send me your link so I can attach it to my journal and others can share in your life too!!

My five grateful's before I tuck in:

1) I woke up to a new day!

2) My oldest niece sent me an email saying she missed me.

3) I cooked dinner and no one has died, ummmmm yet! 

4) Stephen was able to make a cancer joke and laugh at it....FINALLY.

5) Hospice picked up all the stuff Mom and I didn't sell at the yard sale.

I must lay down.  I sure do love y'all!!

 

Please Say Prayers For:

* Nathan he is back at home, continuing to win the battle.* Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. * Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. * Lenore ~ she's having a recurrence but continues to fight and win the battle. * Cindy ~ she's in remission!! * Tammy she's in remission!!  * Momma Joyce ~ she had a successful surgery and is home recovering. * Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  * Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol happy no one died form eating your dinner. It sounded yummy.  I'm happy some of the pain is going away. My prayers to all.

Anonymous said...

Yum!  Your dinner sounds like it was great!  No more furniture moving like that any more!  Glad the prednisone is helping...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I just gotta tell ya, sweetie...my hubby and I just aquired one of those BIG screen tv's from a friend not too long ago...they said the picture tube went out on it...well...we've been enjoyin it for the past couple of months now...that is, since hubby put some of his expertise into it! LOL! He's pretty good...not braggin or anything but he is. :0)
Glad ya had a good day, sweetie!

{{{hugs}}}
~Kel

Anonymous said...

Dang it you're making me hungry...may I place an order please?
I'm happy you had a feel good day but sad it's took a toll on you. Please be careful and don't overdo it the next time. So glad the pain meds are kicking in and giving you some relief. Hope you have a restful night.
Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I love your list of gratitudes...
By the way my hubby is in remisssion from non hodgkins Lymphoma..actually he is considered "cured" now as it's been 14 years...been meaning to tell you that...
have a great day..
have you checked on your parents??  :-P
Lyn

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((HUGSTOYO))))))))))))))))))))That is a big job changing and rearaning your room,and you shouldnt have carried that big huge tv by yourself.The dinner sounds good.

Anonymous said...

Steroids are part of the armoury in the fight against cancer, Irene. I'm pleased you're getting more and more readers, i.e. more support. Well done in the rearrangements!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a burst of energy...and got things done....hope your back quits hurting soon though...i know thats painful!

http://journals.aol.com/chevyz71gurl74/Youthinkyouknowbutyouhavenoidea

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

John is on prednisone also.  Just a small dose now.  He used to have lots of energy when he was on a large dose also!  It also made him hungry as a horse!  And unfortunately it caused his face to get rounder.  But so what!  That is a small price to pay to get better, right? :)  Keep on keepin' on,

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene
I don't have a journal myself but Terri ( chevyz71gurl74) is my daughter.
Keeping you in my prayers as always.
Love & Hugs
Debbie