Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ramblings Of The Day

My Aunt Tania told Mom that Lenore wasn't in pain when she got her angel wings. She also said that up and until she died, Lenore was completely in control of her own care from the doctors . For that, I am thankful.  You should know,that Lenore had the same attitude as I do as far as all this cancer and doctor stuff goes.  I didn't see her frequently but each time I did, she always left me feeling like we were bonded by unspoken words. I suppose we really were.  Thank you to everyone for their kind words and prayers. 

The wind was blowing so hard today (actually by the time this posts it will be yesterday).  I'm sure it made the temperature feel at least 10 degrees colder than it truly was.  I did some running around anyway.  I'm guilty though, I only had a sweater (well pants too!  ha ha!) on and no coat.  I know, I know you don't have to lecture me....I do have a mother!!  I heard the temperature is going to drop into the 30's tonight.  I already have the extra blankets on my bed!  Bring it on....   :)

I'm having a Doppler study on my right leg tomorrow (today).

 
I have some bruising on that leg that I'm concerned about.  Ya see, each time I've discovered bruises like this...they have been blood clots.  So, I figure...better to be safe then sorry!
 
I'm taking Phenergan (anti nausea pill) on top of the Oxy's now. My tummy is again fighting any food that I swallow.  It's great that both meds work. REALLY!! However, not so great that I can barely function on both. Whoa Nelly~I am loopy!!
 
It's waaaaayyyyyyyyyyy after bedtime and I am so fighting my drooping eyes.  Say your prayers, count your blessings and don't forget I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Please Say Prayers For:

Aunt Tania and Uncle Jerry * Nathan ~ he's starting treatment again and is back in the hospital * Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. * MsPammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. * Cindy ~ she's in remission!! * Tammy she's in remission!!  * Momma Joyce ~ she had a successful surgery and is home recovering. * Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  * Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 
 
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Irene, I think you are right about Lenore...it sounds like you both had an attachment and I am so sorry for your loss.  I remember having a dopler too once upon a time and it was to see if I had a blood clot.  I will cross both fingers and toes (and I have long ones, lol) and more importantly I am praying right now that God will intervene and help you thru this challenge.  I pray for miracles and each day I see your post I receive one.  God's blessings to you Irene of healing and comfort.  

Anonymous said...

It is good that Lenore went the way she did, Irene. May she rest in peace.
Fingers crossed that nothing comes up on the Doppler.

Anonymous said...

I hope you got some good rest!!!!

Stay warm....

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I love you, forever always and endlessly.

Bundle up, old man winter is bustin' through sister!

Can't wait to see you around the Christmas Holiday!

An abundance of love always,
*kisses and hugs*
RED
P.S. Got new hair.

Anonymous said...

it sounded cold and you should have been wearing a coat. I'm happy that Lenore wasn't in pain.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes our lives are touched by others, and theirs by ours, and there is an instant and common bond that is felt eternally.  I believe you found this with Lenore, and I know she is smiling down on you with that understanding, sending courage and strength as you continue your own journey through life.  Angel friends are like that...  ;o)

Hope yours was a restful weekend.  ::hugs and prayers::

Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

That's good that Lenore was in control of her own care before she went on to be with the Lord.  That's so important.  Take comfort in that, and in knowing that she is looking down at you, and watching over you now.  Don't forget that you all still have a bond.  It doesn't end if both are in the Lord.  Something to think about.

So Irene, I just wanted to come over and say hi.  And say back at ya girl, I love you too!  And you're not going to let me tell you to wear you're coat, LOL?  Oh well!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

 

Anonymous said...

Princess ~
I'm so sorry that Lenore went to Heaven, she is now comfortable I guess.  I am concerned that you have not had any entries yourself since this one in November.  It is nearing Christmas and I wonder how you are???  I know you hurt and I wish I could ease the pain and take it away from you.  I haven't heard from you in some time and missed your last call, dummie me.  I'll try to phone you tomorrow my darling friend.
Loving you as always ~ Sunnie