Thursday, December 6, 2007

Rewind

Yes, I'm alive. Someone would have notified you if I had fallen and couldn't get up!! :)

I'll rewind and then catch y'all up to speed. Saturday, Daniel placed third all around in his gymnastics meet.  Now, this doesn't mean he placed third on each apparatus...he actually scored third highest out of all the boys he competed against.   To say I was a proud Aunt doesn't actually cut it. I thought I will going to cry myself silly.

Sunday, before going to the stables to see Sarah ride, Stephen and I had an early breakfast and bowling date.  He didn't bowl very well (I didn't say that though!!) and I wasn't feeling so well.  However, it didn't stop us...and Stephen even got to see Mom and Dad for a short amount of time.

Sarah placed fifth in jumping with her "sassy" horse...said exactly the way she told me.  She proudly showed me her big pink ribbon.  If you could have seen how beautiful she looked and rode that horse....oh my I so have bragging rights!!!

Monday, Stephen and I packed up and ran away for a couple days.  I still had (and have) that nasty cough so we just relaxed.   Tuesday, we did a bit of running around and of course we couldn't miss his league bowling that night.  He did his average...about 206 per game.  As always, I felt proud...and he was too hard on himself.  Wednesday, we drove back to DC during the snow fall.  Ohhhh how I don't miss the cold and snow living in South Carolina!!!!!!  Neither of us really possess the patience for the traffic that the snow causes...but we both love the "buggy game" and so that's how we spent the slow drive back. 

Today, the Browning Five played in the snow. Georgia, too! There is a very small snowman in the front yard wearing a very warm scarf.  I should take lessons and wear one too!

I spoke to Jules tonight.  There was a Girl Scout meeting, that I obviously missed.  I got all choked up when the girls yelled hello to me, and one in particular who told me it was sad that I wouldn't see all the Christmas stuff they were making.  :(  I sure do love those girlies!  Ohhh and you too Julie!!  xoxoxoxoxox

Time for bed and coughing up this crap in my lungs.  Did anyone invent a cure for cancer yet?  Lordie my lungs can't even handle a cold anymore!
Don't forget to count your blessings and your grateful's too!  I love y'all!!

GRATEFUL'S:
* Hot tea
* Warm blankets
* Hearing "Aunt Rene"
* Old Friends
* Another day

Please Say Prayers For:

Nathan ~ continuing to do chemo and fight the battle. *For Dawn *Cathy's dad, Bill ~ he is battling ALS and her mom, Pam too. *Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. *Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. *Cindy ~ she's in remission!! *Tammy she's in remission!!  *Momma Joyce ~ she's cancer free. *Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  *Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 11-15-06 to read about the title, MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous news about the kids!  They sure know how to stay busy and have fun all at the same time!  

I'm sorry to hear about your cold and all the trouble it's been giving you...  Glad though, to hear you enjoyed some time away.

Working so closely with children, I can fully relate to the warmth you feel when they show their love and appreciation for you.  It's a warm fuzzy like no other.

Love and Hugs (with a little added strength and peace for good measure),

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh Irene, how I wish I could find that cure for cancer. I am happy for you that you have been out and about enjoying what life has to offer. I do understand the nagging, unrelenting, coughing up a  lung you speak of. I have lived with such a cough for many years, mine, from working in chemicals for many years. Many times I have chosen to become somewhat of a hermit and staying out of the public eye, the glares and gawks of folks can be quite overwhelming at times.
Loving you, sending you many hugs, and praying that you continue to live life to its fullest.
Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you... it sounds as if each day gets better than the ones before!  What a fabulous gift for you all!!!  Enjoy!  I am sending prayers...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

You forgot to add "FC" to your list of gratefuls.

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))Sounds like you had a good time,but,I am sorry to hear that you had a bad cold.I hope you feel better.Congrats to your nephew.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

My husband always laughs how a little snow nearly cripples the DC metropolitan area.  He's from the midwest where they get lots of snow.  Sounds like you've been staying busy!  God bless.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the cough.  I hate it when you say you can't even handle a cold anymore.  That hurts me so.  I really wish there were a cure.
Glad you are counting your blessings though.  Some that I count are: life in Jesus, hot tea, cold diet coke, another day with John, and time with my Sissy Val!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink