Saturday, November 3, 2007

Extraordinarily Average

Hello everyone and thank you for all the amazing and uplifting comments.  I am truly blessed.

Have you ever had one of those days where if someone else looked in on your life might say "so what" or "it's no big deal" or mediocre, even??  Today, was one of those days for me.  It was a very cold morning and there was suppose to be a neighborhood yard sale.  Mom and I were up early to get started.  Who I am fooling?  We had been price tagging and getting stuff together all week!!  I guess the chill was too much for most people though...because it seemed like the yard sales didn't start until after 10:00 am.  Even at that time, it still had not warmed up a whole bunch.  So, I brewed some tea and Mom started arranging all her "stuff" in the drive way...and eventually I did too.  The yard sales began!! 

The sun was out and as long as I was sitting in it's rays...I was warm.  I have to say we were not overwhelmed by "takers" .  I can't complain though, because it gave Mom and I some great quiet time together.  We giggled and looked through old boxes that we packed away.  We reminisced over who wore a sweater last, and what grandchild played with a toy first and why she was selling this Pooh cup that both my sister and I loved when we were kids.  We shamefully mimicked some of our "customers"...ok maybe not so shamefully and we chatted with one of our neighbors that I had never even met. When the sales ended...Mom made a whopping $17 and I made $5.  Laughing....

I know, it seems terribly boring and average to you.  Oh but to me...these are the moments that are priceless.

I am off to bed now.  Don't forget to set your clocks back!!  I sure do love y'all!!!!!!!!!!!

PS ~ I talked to my Uncle Don for a while today too!!  Did I mention him and Uncle Gravy are coming for Thanksgiving???????  YEAH!!!!

Please Say Prayers For:

* Nathan he is back at home, continuing to win the battle.* Ms Bobby ~ she is being treated with radiation. * Mr. Russo ~ continuing to win the battle. * Ms Pammy ~ recovering from surgery and winning the battle. * Lenore ~ she's having a recurrence but continues to fight and win the battle. * Cindy ~ she's in remission!! * Tammy she's in remission!!  * Momma Joyce ~ she had a successful surgery and is home recovering. * Ms Margie ~ she is winning her battle with breast cancer.  * Krissy's husband, John who continues to win the battle. *Trish ~ she is continuing to win her battle with breast cancer. *Sugar ~ she is continuing to win her battle with cancer. *Jay Carey and his family. He is in Iraq fighting the war.*Frances and her son, Matthew.  He is in Afghanistan.

If this is your first time reading my journal, PLEASE go back to my first entry on 1<SPANCLASS=CORRECTION id="">1-15-06 to read about the title MEET ME AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE!! Thanks!

 

 

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE TIME TOGETHER WAS PRICELESS

Anonymous said...

That comment is from my Uncle Don!!

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds like a perfectly ordinary wonderful fabulous day full of love!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I would've given just about anything to be there for that "boring," "mediocre," day.  Oh my, I miss you terribly.  All my love sister!

Anonymous said...

LOL, sounds like you got a different kind of treasure instead of the monetary kind, time with each other!  That is priceless!  My mother and sister do the yard sale thing and looking around my home -- I definitely need to!  I hope you have a wonderful day.  It is very cold to me this morning.  I think I'm going to brew me a cup of tea!  God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I loved this entry. Hearing you got to spend time alone with your Mom is wonderful, even if you didn't make big bucks at the yard sale. I hope you have a blessed sunday. ((((((Hugs)))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Yay for a mediocre day!!!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness, sweetie...that is soooo how my yard sales have gone! Yep...me right there!!! LOL!!! Only...by myself...well, I guess not actually, the good Lord was there. :0) I love the quiet time!
Of course, then, after the sale ends...ya have the nice task of packin everything back up! But, THEN...the decision of whether or not to store until ya get the urge to set up and have another one or take it to the mission...LOL! Oh, trust me, I've been haulin the stuff away! Get it outa here!!!
Well...you're $5 richer, anyway...$5 ya didn't have when the day started. AND...more memories made with Mom...precious memories!

{{{hugs}}}
~Kel

Anonymous said...

Oh Irene how I love yard sales =)
I could go to them all day...everyday if i had the time and the funds...hehe  We had one back in July we made quite a bit but boy was it alot of work, but worth it...cause like you I had time with my loved ones who put things in it as well.... Glad you had that precious time with your mom... I know you both will cherish it!  When our yard sale was over we boxed it all up and gave it to the church for their benefit sale....I didn't want to store it anymore...was tired of looking at it...haha  So now I will just collect more crap and have another one someday...hehe  

Have a great week

Hugs
Terri